Ordered a HTC desire,have no signal and battery life is dire! Advise please!

Soldato
Hey guys,

On the 26th August I received my HTC Desire from mobiles.co.uk on the Orange Dolphin Plan which is a 2 year contract with 300 minuets, unlimited texts and 500MB of data.

I am having terrible signal problems, people are unable to contact me at work and I have equal difficulties with sending text messages (I am often prompted with 'message unable to send')

I have been in the south of England for 3 days and then Scotland for the other 4 so it's not as the problem lies within my location.

I am wondering what I should do now? Apparently mobiles.co.uk only have a 7 day refund policy and I'm on 8 days (including the weekend).

Another problem I have is that the battery is dead after 7/8 hours. This is with minimal use! I know the desires don't have the best battery life in them but 7/8 hours!?

EDIT- There 7 days returns policy doesn't include working days so I should be fine if I contact them today! Shame they aren't picking up though...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
lol at this....

Ensure the Sim/Handset/Free gift has not been used (use signifies acceptance of your contract)
 Ensure item being returned is in it’s original packaging
 Contact us to arrange a return by the 6th day of the first attempted delivery*

How the hell am I meant to test the phone!!!

Maybe I can exchange it for the iphone or the new Samsung?

Soldato
OP
Hi guys, here's an update. I rung up the carphone warehouse because the mobiles.co.uk helpline was down. They told me to take the handset into a store and they'll run tests and if it proves to be faulty, they'll give me a new handset.

The store gave me a brand new handset and the battery life and signal does seem to be significantly better :)

Not impressed with mobiles.co.uk at all!

Do you use the power saving widget so you can turn off/on wifi, gps, refresh, bluetooth and change brightness?

How can I do this mate?

Back
Top Bottom