**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Don
The most recent changes to the LOTV macro mechanics (loss of mule, chronoboost & autoinject) has given Zerg a very big boost for your typical low-level players (i.e. not masters). With macro-hatcheries Zerg can recover VERY quickly but Terran and Protoss struggle to recover from a supply line harass. If you cannot kill a Zerg at the very start of the game, they will defeat you with a muta & hydralisk cloud eventually.

Associate
yeah also zerg pretty much never have to look at their base now, so they have a much more easy time responding to drops and multi-pronged harass, as well as executing their own.

it's still beta though, so i'm holding off judgement until the actual release.

Soldato
Anyone still playing? Are you playing LotV beta or picking it up at launch?

I've been playing a lot in the past weeks. I'm still in Silver but really enjoying my games in HotS. Trying to work out how to get into Gold.

Mostly been picking things up by watching streamers on Twitch and then seeing how I go.

Associate

I've been playing a lot in the past weeks. I'm still in Silver but really enjoying my games in HotS. Trying to work out how to get into Gold.

Mostly been picking things up by watching streamers on Twitch and then seeing how I go.

Looking to pick up the collectors edition, just waiting for a cheaper price.

Isn't it well into the season at the moment? I assumed it was pretty hard to rank up at this point until the next season.

Don

I went to play a game last night after a 3-4 week break and the macro mechanics have changed again (I got half way through the game before realising auto-inject had gone). I think I might just park it until it's released next month now.

Soldato
LotV has had some big changes with the latest 3.0 patch. I've only played a few games in the Beta. I'll probably wait for the full release as well before giving it a proper go.

I'm still playing 1v1 in HotS though. Maybe you're right Epoch. I'm top of Silver Ladder but don't think I've played any Gold players yet.

Got the CE on order at Amazon.

Soldato
Never realised it is tomorrow!

Must admit it's probably 3 or 4 months since I touched HOTS or LoTV beta. Need time to learn all the new units.

Associate
Not looking forward to LOTV nearly as much as I was HOTS, this coming from a guy that played 2000+ games back in the day of vanilla/HOTS :(

Played through the 3 mission prologue campaign which was alright but didn't really rekindle my love for the game. I've preordered anyway though so I guess I'll work through the campaign on release and then see if I can figure out the new units. Didn't follow any of the beta changes as it always changes so much its not worth keeping up.

Associate
Hopefully this will be a fun game. Does anyone know if this is the last pack for starcraft 2? I'd guess they'll be working on starcraft 3 after this right?

Soldato
Yeah I preordered it because I loved SC2 for like 2 years, but not sure if I'm actually going to play it. Going to play through the campaign when I'm really bored, but not even started wol yet.

I'll probably just play some archon and 2v2 at some point, but just can't seem to enjoy playing/watching it like I used to.

Soldato
I got lotv today and it is going to probably take a back seat to fallout 4 for the immediate future. I'm excited to play it just not enough hours in the day to play it alongside everything else at the minute. I still haven't completed the hots single player yet so really probably should finish that before jumping into lotv

Soldato
I got lotv today and it is going to probably take a back seat to fallout 4 for the immediate future. I'm excited to play it just not enough hours in the day to play it alongside everything else at the minute. I still haven't completed the hots single player yet so really probably should finish that before jumping into lotv

same for me - tempted to right back to the start and complete all the campaigns again.

Associate
LOTV is a big, big step forward for the game. The multi-player is at its brutal best and the co-op campaigns are a huuuuuge amount of fun. Play before you decide.

I'm willing to play it with anyone here who wants to have a go.

Cdkeys.com have the expansion (which is standalone - you don't need the others to play it) for 19 quid.

Just give me a shout if so :D

Associate
Wow, LOTV takes a bit of step forward from HoTS. WOL to HoTS was mostly just new units, LOTV feels like a different game. Where did all those starting SCV's come from?? :D

Played a few hours last night and have to say really enjoyed it. I seems to me it encourages early aggression which as a Terran player I like. It's clear that build orders are still being found out, some really random stuff appearing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom