Ouch

Soldato
Did Cadwell last week, started to drizzle a tiny bit but got worse as I was going around :( Thought I had slowed down enough, clearly not!

Amazingly, no real damage to me or the bike! No idea how though.

Transmission breaker
Don
Awww, no jumping up the mountain, how dissapointing :p

Glad you and the bike are ok though! I was up there the other day watching the bikes go around. You really do have to corner sooo much slower in the wet!!

Soldato
OP
I dont bother wheelying over the Mountain, looks great for the camera but very slow. I was endlessly going past people at the top of the mountain, I did notice the rear wheel skip a few times over the top too, going back in Aug on the wifes 636 so the 40kg less weight may make it a little bit more interesting.

Morning looked mostly like this:
IMG_2372.jpg

Started to get into the groove:
IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

Drizzled a little bit so knocked like 6-7 secs off my lap times but not enough :(
IMG_2834.jpg

CrashStill2.jpg

CrashStill1.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

It's all good though, next day it looked like this:
IMG_2845.jpg

And a video of a better session!

Soldato
What camera do you use? Impressed with the quality :)

I think it's fairly easy to lose the front there, fairly high speed and not a huge amount of camber, add in the rain and oops :p

Glad the bike's not too badly damaged.

Last year when I went there to race I remember seeing one of the other rookies going straight on up the hill on the grass at the start, stayed on the bike and rejoined out of charlies 2, was an amusing sight :)

Going there again the weekend after next, can't wait \o/ Hoping for rain but then I've got proper racing wets which give quite amazing grip in the wet :)

Soldato
OP
It's a GoPro HD. Thats only recorded at 720p30 too, they do 720p60 and 1080p30 aswell. It could do with a slightly more sturdy mount, they do suffer from CMOS lens wobble.

I think I may had been ok if I applied more throttle, I was running in there with a cracked throttle but didnt take into account that while lent over even a slightly open throttle will loose you speed hence overload the front. Great track though, I hope its nicer weather in Aug!!

It's just annoying as I never seem to get a warning, didnt have a slip or a slide the whole day, never went out of my comfort zone and generally ride well within myself due to the slightly iffy conditions then bam it just goes :(

Soldato
Just had a quick look, how do you mount it, I would imagine it's on the inside of your fairing there with a hole/window? is it just taped on there or something more substantial, can't see anything kinda suitable provided specifically for it?

Yeah, on the racebike by that point of the corner I'm full throttle again, but then that's in the dry...

I get the same problem when racing, I've only once had it sliding progressively, two other times it's just snapped out, always the rear so far and luckily always quick enough that it's just a lowside, I still don't really know where the limit is which isn't ideal :p

Soldato
Cheers, Gonna have a look this evening, very tempted as it'd be quite nice to record my races :)

Although I might give one of the ebay specials a go first, just a touch cheaper at around £12 :p

Associate
Nice footage from such a cheap camera.

Thought OP was going to go off under the trees when I saw the thread title. Nice camera setup on that too. Got to love the twin's acceleration!

I did a race school there on Honda RVF400R (NC35) many moons ago and its a great track. Lovely little bike also.

Soldato
OP
Sparks are from the footpegs which almost completely ground down.

Nope no crash mushrooms, I bought some a few years ago but Honda decided to use a castle nut and allen key on the main engine mounts, got the castle nut off but the allen key bolt was incredibly tight and started to round off so I just left it be and sold the R&G's. Such a pain in the arse.

Back
Top Bottom