Oulton Park (Vintage Bikes) |56K:

Spent the day at Oulton Park on Satuday 6th. It was the Vintage Motorbike event and was on the whole a really good day out. There were very few people there but the weather was good and the bikes were supprisingly fast.

These are five I have selected to post but the rest of them that I have sorted through can be found on the link after the last picture. There are a lot missing and will be found on my website when that is finally made. There are 50+ on the link so plenty to look at.

Hope these dont offend SDK as HE! knows how to photograph a speeding bike!

This was my first time at photographing bikes.

02.jpg

01.jpg

03.jpg

05.jpg

47.jpg

More can be found at the following external web gallery.

http://fstopeleven.co.uk/portfolio/vintagebikes/index.html

Johnny

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

These look nice and sharp and lots of capture of the motion. Very good considering its your first attempt :cool: Number 4 is my favourite as it captures 2 riders together which is always tricky.

Soldato
Love the old bikes, you've gotta be brave to ride them at speed around a track.

Photo 1
You've obviously tweaked the contrast; I think the rims and riders helment are just a bit too bright though.

Photo 2
Good capture, the smoke highlights the vintage bike theme.

Photo 3
The black bike and outfit on the rider merges into the tyre wall in the background. Nice panning photo though.

Photo 4
The rear barriers are too distracting but you've done a good job capturing the 2 riders together.

Photo 5
Again a nice panning shot but it looks a bit flat, tweak the contrast a little to improve the impact.

Well im not gonna argue with anything you say :)

I think we both have differently set up monitors as image 3 doesnt merge at all for me or do you just mean because its a lot of black.

The two bikers with the distracting background is a shame. I did a burst on that shot and do have another one but oh well.

I have found bikes to be hard to shoot at a full 400mm but a fun challenge non the less.

Soldato
It was just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Shooting moving subjects at 400mm that fill the frame is difficult, until people try for themselves it's hard to understand the effort required.

Last edited:
SDK^ said:
It was just my opinion - I could be wrong.

Shooting moving subjects at 400mm that fill the frame is difficult, until people try for themselves it's hard to understand the effort required.
Which is why I adore your motorsport work! I havent seen bikes captured so well as you have in your portfolio. I would be lying if I said I wasnt aiming for that standard :p

We have the same kit but clearly your understanding and skills are far more tested and acurate.

I had hoped to go to the Bennetts superbikes last week but I ended up getting drunk the night before and felt a lie in was better.

Back
Top Bottom