Out of these 3 phones ,which would you get?

Soldato
Im finding it really hard to make a choice. Allways gone with sony T610,T630,S700I,K500i,K750i , last nokias i had were the 3210,3330 etc.

Nokia N73
Samsung D900
Sony k800i

Associate
k800i based purely on the general shoddiness that has been connected with the o.s of the latest n-series phones.

Plus if you've had s.e up till now, why change? Got a k800i myself and have to say its a quality piece of kit, was fully expecting to switch to nokia, but im glad i waited on this coming out.

Permabanned
Matt when you say it wont connect, do you mean at all? Not even through Bluetooth? Ive seen you mention in a couple of threads that the D900 wont work with your Mac.

I have just ordered a D900 on Orange and I use a Mac.

Soldato
stuppy said:
Matt when you say it wont connect, do you mean at all? Not even through Bluetooth? Ive seen you mention in a couple of threads that the D900 wont work with your Mac.

I have just ordered a D900 on Orange and I use a Mac.

I mean that you can't use iSync for synching the address book, and BluePhoneElite won't work with it either :( Though this hasn't been confirmed, but all previous Samsung's don't work, so i'm assuming the D900 won't. Let me know if i'm wrong though :)

Caporegime
another vote against the nokia N series

they are so damn SLOW !!

i sold my old Sony S700 and regret the N70 really badly

gonna wait till my contract is up and swap and get myself another SE.

Associate
same for me K800i
I have had mine since about the first weeks it started coming out, Its a fantastic phone, Great camera, Video recorder quality is good, and something that really impressed me was when i encoded a video from mpeg to mp4 at only 15fps the quality was fantastic everything was so clear.

never used the n73, i had an n80 from orange contract for 3 days when i decided it was the most rubbish phone i have ever used, Slow, Camera quality for 3mp was awful, and unless you had a 100 watt lightbulb inside i wouldnt even try recording a video you couldnt make anything out!

Permabanned
Got my D900 today.

Have to say its a bit of a change from Samsungs usual software.

I can confirm though that it will not sync with Macs iSync. Hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

Soldato
stuppy said:
Got my D900 today.

Have to say its a bit of a change from Samsungs usual software.

I can confirm though that it will not sync with Macs iSync. Hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

Just out of interest, does it work with BluePhoneElite? (you can download the 10day trial from them to test it) :)

Associate
The N73 easy here as its a computer and a phone, though its not one of the best of its kind. The K800 only has a good camera but very poor basic phone otherwise. Cant see how people recoommend this when even an old 6230 has better basic features. The D900 doesnt excel in any area but includes all the basics unlike the K800.

Alternatives to the Nseries is the Blackberry range and the E Series. MS pocket pc and smartphones are pretty poor in comparison.UIQ used to be good but lack of phones kind of killed the support. Linux hope is pretty much wishful thinking now.

Associate
I use all of them day to day. The N73 screen beats the others. The N73 is a smartphone, the others have a fixed OS.

N73 for me. Much faster than the older N series.

Back
Top Bottom