Outdoor Speakers

Soldato
Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking for a pair of outdoor speakers for my back garden. I have a decent eaves overhang so I don't expect them to get wet even though we often have some pretty epic storms in the spring. They will be out of direct sunlight too although our summers are very hot, multiple days above 30 and a few that crack 40.
I'll be hooking them up to a Sonos amp that I just bought with credit card points. I'm well locked into that system, despite the recent downgrades.

Garden isn't huge so don't need anything too loud or over powering. Any good alternatives? I have looked at Polk Atrium 8 and they seem overkill, plus pricey. The Atrium 5 are the same price as the Bose and have the added benefit of being adjustable and looks like they can be mounted horizontally or vertically. Bose have the benefit of their 90 day return policy, which I've used numerous times without hassle.

Soldato
There is a similar thread to this on here if you look

Why have speakers permanently outside, when you can just get a portable speaker set up, and then not have to worry about the weather slowly destroying them

Associate
I’ve a Yamaha pair mounted to my outside west facing wall. No eves so get direct weather.
Still sound good after 7 years

edit: Google says they are Yamaha AW592

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom