Outriders

Associate
Man this game is not forgiving of sloppy play
Okay never mind, looks like I started with a part of the stat tree that isn't amazing until you actually have all your skills and stuff

Last edited:
Associate
Only just scratched the surface with 2 hours gameplay of bought game.
Pretty enjoyable and whilst graphics are not as polished as let's say div 2 the gameplay makes up for it.
Def has the same sort of feel as gears and bulletstorm. Not surprising as it's the same studios.
So long as progression tree has scope and looks like the case this game should be a keeper.
Also DLSS gives me 60 percent increase in frames.
I am getting crashing to desktop on Start up 2 out of 3 times and dx12 seems borked so sticking to dx11.
Have vsync on at 85 fps with my rtx 3070 8gb barely being pushed beyond 70 percent.

Soldato
Yea a rip off!!

Having played both and really enjoying Outriders I am sorry but you are just missing the point. Emulating similar things to what another game does not need to be rip off and tbh it took some great things from GoW. The guns feel pretty weighty, sound isn't bad throughout and the body parts blowing apart all over screen with some decent particle effects is fun. It takes all that and a similar cover system (although not as organic and as cleanly working still) that also works well and then adds in the Division/Destiny based looter shooter elements with lots of weapons, mods, upgrades, gear upgrades. The Division isn't the first to use those mechanics and wont be last. Why does it matter if systems are similar? Thousands of games are like that because that is game design.

To add to it, the humour and death scenes of random NPC's and such is very Bulletstorm and hits on the same sort of notes which is great for me too. Doesn't take itself too serious but enough there to get into. A chilled fun game. The progression tree and able to re-roll that preference at any time is great and makes for quickly having fun to respec your character as you play and change up your style or even coming across a new zone with completely new enemies.

What it does well is keep the systems in the game simple enough for the casual like myself but add enough expandability for those interested in trying to max their gear, look for those Epics etc. The systems are rather fluid and easy to make sense off. Playing with a few mates for a couple of hours last night and we had a blast with it. Am looking forward to some more of it tonight tbh.

Man of Honour
Gotten a bit further along. Enemy types do get a bit repetitive after a while, but the boss fights are fun. Swapping my skills in and out more often depending on whether I fight humans or monsters - need a way to be able to do it more quickly.

Unlocked world level 7, but it’s a big jump up from 6. At least the later world levels will give the game some longevity.

Have gotten stuck into crafting. Some of the abilities that you can add to rarer gear are fantastic. I don’t sell any items anymore, just break them down for parts.

Associate
Almost finished the campaign, i think ive only one chapter or so left and then onto expeditions endgame.
I soloed everything and didnt drop world tier at all but ive got a nice build going so it wasnt too hard.
I started off with the blighted rounds and mods to give more ammo and damage for this but then found a mod that turned my blighted turret into a freezing turret then equipped it along with the cyro turret and i was constantly freezing mobs.
Add in a few +damage to frozen enemies and it turned into easy mode so much so i wonder if the devs even tried this themselves as i think seems OP.
Maybe later mobs can resit freezing more but for now at world tier 9 its easy mode with any boss.

I recorded a bit of gameplay of it in action.

Looking forward to doing some expeditions maybe over the weekend but i can certainly se build diversity as the loot system seems very robust and interesting

Soldato
That doesn't look appealing to me. Same issue as Division, higher difficulties = mobs are just bullet sponges and you stand there doing the same skills over and over and pumping bullets into them. Does not look fun.

Associate
That doesn't look appealing to me. Same issue as Division, higher difficulties = mobs are just bullet sponges and you stand there doing the same skills over and over and pumping bullets into them. Does not look fun.

Whatever your into tbh, i have countles hours in games like diablo,poe etc this is a shooter in the same genre so its win win for me :p
Its already 10x more fun to play than the division.

Soldato
Whatever your into tbh, i have countles hours in games like diablo,poe etc this is a shooter in the same genre so its win win for me :p
Its already 10x more fun to play than the division.

Ye fair enough. I enjoy PoE, diablo, and in division at least you have raids to grind for which are great fun. Just on the fence on this one as the endgame seems stale.

Soldato
Having great fun with a build focused around healing with leech life. Weapon damage isn't too bad, but I have 2 grenade charges now so that's helping a ton.

Associate
Ye fair enough. I enjoy PoE, diablo, and in division at least you have raids to grind for which are great fun. Just on the fence on this one as the endgame seems stale.

All i know is expeditions is endgame for now and it looks to be really challenging.

Associate
Is anyone getting constant disconnections when playing this? Me and a mate have had constant disconnection issues when playing this, last night was due to server issues which they were supposed to have fixed. However, starting it up now, we played for about 20 minutes and got disconnected again.

Back
Top Bottom