Oven broken and landlord bought cheapest one

Permabanned
I told him that i would give him £80 towards a half decent one, i didn't expect a top of the range one. But he just goes out and buys a cata model which i think is made in india, anyone heard of that before? It is a oven that you have to use the timer with or it does not go on, so the whole time its on the timer is ticking down. Its also realy cheap looking. If he got a half decent one he could have charged more rent next time, what's his logic in just buying a cheapest one? just to reduce cost as much as possible? This is why i hate renting as well, you get such cheap appliances unless you spend a lot of money. I don't know even why people would buy such a cheap oven its obviously going to break sooner, buy cheap buy twice.

Other question I have is if ovens always take a while to go off before after you turn them off? I don't remember that happening previously, this oven and the one before they stay on for 5-10 mins after turning it off, you can hear the fan going. Is that normal?

I just found the same model on ebay for £1 used. lol http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cata-Electric-Oven-/281144604385

Last edited:
Caporegime
Logic is the less he spends the more money he has to send back to Pakistan each month.

Some ovens vent after they are off for 10 minutes to help cool down and stuff.

Make and Model of said oven ?

Permabanned
OP
Cheapest i can find new for the model is £179. Which is insane because can get a half decent indesit for £190 or even less from some sites.

Is it also normal for the oven to stink the whole house out when you first turn it on as its burning off all the factory smell?

Soldato
have you read the manual? only running on timer doesnt sound right.

and as above, fan after switch off is normal to help cool down.

Permabanned
Cheapest i can find new for the model is £179. Which is insane because can get a half decent indesit for £190 or even less from some sites.

Is it also normal for the oven to stink the whole house out when you first turn it on as its burning off all the factory smell?

Haha Indesit.

Yes, the smell is normal.

Permabanned
OP
The manual is a joke, its broken english and two pages, its instructions do not even match the oven. It talks about a function that is not available on the oven.

Its definitely right, you have to enable the timer or the oven does not go on. I am guessing the idiot landlord picked that model to prevent the oven being left on which he probably suspects led the previous no name brand oven to break after 4 years of use. It may be that he just went out to purchase the most annoying oven he could find so that it would wind me up because he was forced to replace it.

lol there is no clock button. You can even take the nobs off by just pulling on them lightly, they pop right out. Its the cheapest oven i have ever seen in my life.

Soldato
The manual is a joke, its broken english and two pages, its instructions do not even match the oven. It talks about a function that is not available on the oven.

Its definitely right, you have to enable the timer or the oven does not go on. I am guessing the idiot landlord picked that model to prevent the oven being left on which he probably suspects led the previous no name brand oven to break after 4 years of use. It may be that he just went out to purchase the most annoying oven he could find so that it would wind me up because he was forced to replace it.

lol there is no clock button. You can even take the nobs off by just pulling on them lightly, they pop right out. Its the cheapest oven i have ever seen in my life.

so complain to him?

Permabanned
OP
I can't complain to him now he could get annoyed and give me a months notice and that would be inconvenient. As I am currently on a rolling contract. He is also over sensitive, he is like 50 and white and a solicitor. It didn't go through an agency. He is realy annoying sort of person who pretends to be your friend then screws you over.

I didn't even know they made ovens this cheap.

Back
Top Bottom