Overclock over time

Associate
Hey guys i am after some advice pls.
i have had a very stable overclock as my sig says for a few years now but now i think perhaps i might need some extra voltage ect in my overclock as my pc freezes up now and again while playing a game.it basicly hard locks and i have to restart my computer via the case.

The cpu/motherboard and ram was bought from overclockers as a oc bundle.
The temps while gameing are around 45c ish idle at 37c.

Associate
OP
Depend on cooling you have a little headroom on voltage try bumping the volts up to 1.35 and retest.

Your temps at 45c when gaming is very good for a 4770k I assume it's been deluded. So you have about 20c to play with in regards to temps
It is under water and yes it was delided by overclockers.
i have bumped it up by 1 so 1.31 for now to see how it goes the trouble is it does not do it all the time, its very random

Permabanned
trouble is it does not do it all the time, its very random

thats how voltage problems tend to go. you will get a random usage spike and the system locks up. i have it with my 6850k @4.5Ghz it would be fine for 2/3hours gaming then a random lock up. i ended up adding .025 and the system was fine from that day.

@ 1.31v your well within your safe zone no need to panic,
how often with you say it happen's?

Associate
OP
thats how voltage problems tend to go. you will get a random usage spike and the system locks up. i have it with my 6850k @4.5Ghz it would be fine for 2/3hours gaming then a random lock up. i ended up adding .025 and the system was fine from that day.

@ 1.31v your well within your safe zone no need to panic,
how often with you say it happen's?

The orignal overclock has been rock solid for years bar the odd hickup. it has only happend 2 times and erm it was say 2 weeks between them.
But i have done a fresh windows install today also since its been an age since i did it lol.

Back
Top Bottom