OVERCLOCKED FRIDAYS - OCUK EXTREME I7 4.60GHz OC BUNDLE

Soldato
For this week's Overclocked friday deal we introduce the all new "OcUK Extreme Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.60Ghz Extreme bundle".

Clocked up to an amazingly quick 4.60GHz and available with a range of high performance air cooler and water blocks!

Yours for only £659.99 inc VAT!

ocfriday_facebook_cw35.jpg

OcUK Extreme Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.6GHz+ Extreme Overclocked Bundle @ £659.99 inc VAT

BU-180-OE_400.jpg

Overclockers UK are now offering the fastest overclocked bundle in the country. Using our expertise we have selected a small number of our best CPU's which we can guarantee to 4.6GHz*, or with improved cooling, much more.

We recommend a good custom watercooling set-up for these bundles, such as our Tech Labs kits (see below) but due to the nature of the chips we are able to reach this speed, stable, on air**. We do not recommend all-in-one watercoolers. If you are at all unsure about the best watercooling set up for you, call us, we are happy to help!

You can choose from one of our specially selected motherboards and choose whether you'd like us to supply a suitable air cooler, watercooler*** or not****

Bundle Specification
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K Haswell Quad Core CPU Overclocked to 4.6GHz
- Motherboard: Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 Motherboard
- RAM: Kingston Genesis 8GB 1866MHz C11 Dual Channel
- Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom Premium CPU Cooler

Service Package
- Full 24 Month collect and return warranty
- Each specification is assembled from handpicked components for compatibility and stability
- Telephone, web note and forum technical support

Note - Please note that adding in additional memory to the spare slots will require new BIOS settings and the maximum clock speed attainable may be significantly reduced. OcUK recommend a quality brand PSU for use with all our bundles such as the Corsair TX & HX range. Updating the BIOS on the overclocked bundle range will void the warranty on the overclock. If you update the BIOS we will no longer be able to provide support for configuring and maintaining the CPU overclock.

Please allow 7 working days for your system to be built and configured. This may take longer during busier periods. There is no fast track option for these bundles.

Conditions
* We guarantee that these bundles are stable on air, even for heavy real-world use in a case with good airflow and using a good quality power supply. We can offer support but cannot guarantee the OC stability under difficult conditions.

** We do not recommend that you run stress tests such as Prime95 on air as this produces temperature spikes that are never seen during real-world usage which can damage the chip.

*** If we fit one of our recommended waterblocks, you are responsible for ensuring that a sufficiently high quality, leak free, water loop is fitted and that the board is not powered up until the loop is operational. Any faults found to be due to excess heat will not be covered under warranty.

**** If you choose not to buy our recommended air cooler or have a waterblock fitted you are responsible for ensuring sufficient cooling. Any faults found to be due to excess heat will not be covered under warranty.

Only £659.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
i'll have an X please Bob :)

This is exactly the sort of bundle I was waiting for where OcUK have a 'special' selection of Haswell chips sold as part of a z87 bundle where it is reasonable to charge for that service.

ordered. do me proud OcUK you finally gave me that reason to upgrade.

Associate
Was not really looking to push beyond 4.6Ghz immediately; just thought it would be a nice way to cool the bundle to start me off.

I do intend to go to a full custom loop at some point but the fact that I have the choice to pay £60 for an air cooler or nothing for no cooler and then buy this, I was thinking that it sounded like potentially a good idea. I would have good cooling that also looked good to start me off and then a radiator ready to go when I want to move to a proper loop.

Alex

Associate
I know what you mean, I intend to run this bundle system on its air cooler for a while in a well vented case as I want to be 100% sure its a stable OC with its promised potential headroom before forking out £300+ on a custom water loop.

Let me know how you get on we could be up and running by next week warming the environment :D

Associate
I know what you mean, I intend to run this bundle system on its air cooler for a while in a well vented case as I want to be 100% sure its a stable OC with its promised potential headroom before forking out £300+ on a custom water loop.

Let me know how you get on we could be up and running by next week warming the environment :D

Hmmmmmm decisions decisions, but yes either way at least it will keep me warm this winter! :D

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
During testing we only found a few air coolers that could cope with the temperature spikes caused by Prime 95. AIO watercoolers couldn't, the problem with the AIO cooler is that the dissipation rate on the flow rate is too low so hot fluid stays in the loop for too long, add to that the poor dissipation rate of most of the rads and what you find is that the temperatures in the fluid rise steadily but uncontrollably until the system becomes unstable.

Despite many power users not recommending prime on Haswell, we know that most users don't consider an overclock stable unless it passes prime. Therefore, we still need to cater for those users who will get the bundle and whack it on Prime. There is no doubt that these bundles will run hot, especially when primed. For even the most hardcore real life uses it'll top out at around 75C but prime causes it to spike into the mid 90s.

The reason "We recommend a good custom watercooling set-up for these bundles" is because these chips thrive under cooler conditions, a good watercooling set up can reduce the spikes from 20C to just a few degrees & this enables the CPU's to be pushed far past the 4.6GHz if you want to fiddle.

Last edited:
Associate
Out of curiosity, what kind of volts are you using to achieve an OC like this with acceptable temps? Obviously you are using good chips, but anyway.

Interesting to hear AiO coolers don't cope as well in long sessions as high end air.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
not going to give you all of our secrets but Vcore is typically 1.3V for 4.6GHz

We found the same issue with AIO coolers when overclocking AMD. There is a tipping point at which the CPU is adding more heat than the rad can dissipate and the temperatures slowly rise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have one of these coming today on an x-oc with waterblock! I'll be putting up a review once I'm up, running and benched. Evo has informed me the chip is running at 1.3v and could have room to go lower with a few tweaks.

Associate
My bundle arrived today :) with a slight mix up from OcUK not sending/testing the extra RAM I asked for but hopefully we can sort that out (web note sent).

All being well I will get a chance to install it tomorrow and run some tests, in my case I'll be installing it into a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 (with extra side panel 140mm fan), a Corsiar HX+ 850 Pro Psu and my current AMD 6950 2GB (until AMD 9000 or Maxwell comes out). If the air cooling checks out for stability I'll probably plan my first custom water loop with 2 x 240rads and push for 4.8Ghz -5.0Ghz.

Happy to report back and share my experience.:cool:

Soldato
My bundle arrived today :) with a slight mix up from OcUK not sending/testing the extra RAM I asked for but hopefully we can sort that out (web note sent).

All being well I will get a chance to install it tomorrow and run some tests, in my case I'll be installing it into a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 (with extra side panel 140mm fan), a Corsiar HX+ 850 Pro Psu and my current AMD 6950 2GB (until AMD 9000 or Maxwell comes out). If the air cooling checks out for stability I'll probably plan my first custom water loop with 2 x 240rads and push for 4.8Ghz -5.0Ghz.

Happy to report back and share my experience.:cool:

Good stuff!,
Run a few benchmarks and we can compare systems as they are both pretty much identical.

Associate
Ordered mine today!

Have it coming with 8GB 2400Mhz Teamgroup RAM for a bit more headroom and an ASUS Rampage Formula.

Ordered a custom water loop at the same time with 1x240mm radiator. Thinking I might add another though.

Can't wait to build it all into my case :D

Back
Top Bottom