OverClockers Twitchers' Thread

Greenfinch are quite rare now sadly due to a disease.
They are one of my favourite all time birds and haven't seen any in garden for 2 years.

You've got one from this year's hatch there.
There’s a specific type of tree they usually congregate in on one of my woodland walking routes but I haven’t seen them for a couple of years now. Seems their numbers have crashed :(

I just mentioned this to the missus, now she wants one setting up. I guess I need to start doing some research!

its a fantasticly interestingly tool for the garden

if want any info let me know

ours has recorded 244k specific bird recordings now !!!

I think ours cost around £170 including a decent case, memory card and a decent mic could have gone cheaper with a cheaper mic etc

an alternative would be an Audiomoth - but they are simply a recorder which you put out for a period of time bring in and then analyse on PC - you can't interrogate "live" - the battery life is good though I think I've read up to 2 weeks

note with the Pi4B even underclocked I get about 12 hours time with a 10,000mAH battery, and 24 hours with a 20,000mAH, I swap between the 2 as the other is charging

ref Greenfinch - it has recorded 946 recordings of Greenfinch so far :) slight trend/peak between 6am and 8am

so far today the BirdNET Pi has performed 753 recordings (quiet morning actually) - with the following species

Barn Swallow
Carrion Crow
Common House-Martin (have them nesting on the front of the house)
Common Wood-Pigeon
Dunnock
Eurasian Blue Tit
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Eurasian Jackdaw
Eurasian Magpie
Eurasian Woodcock (this is the only one most likely in error - haven't checked yet)
Eurasian Wren
European Goldfinch
European Greenfinch
European Robin
Great Tit
Long-tailed Tit
Ring-necked Pheasant (garden is next to a field)
Rook
White Wagtail

not sure what has happened to the Swifts this year, they nest at a Church about 1/2 a mile from here, but I haven't seen them in a while and last recording on the BirdNET was from July 21st

seems too early to have left ? <EDIT> reading online - especially in the South apparently they leave for Europe as soon as they have bred - so probably have left

Last edited:
IMG-1350.jpg

This guy came back

Back
Top Bottom