Overclockign BSOD error Codes

Associate
Hello All,

CPU: 4470k
MOBO: Asus Maximus 1V Hero
RAM: 16GB Ram

I'm having a little bit of stability issues with my overclock and been advised to look at the BSOD error codes... as they apparently can point me in the right direction of whats causing the stability issues.... hrrrm well here is the latest can some one advise me or tell me what they mean?

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA801185A028
BCP3: 00000000FF800000
BCP4: 0000000000000124

Thanks and advance.

Geoff.

Associate
OP
Thanks HecFam, thats very useful, from my original post do I have 4 errors or just one? I don't know how to read the error report, any help greatly appreciated.
EDIT: Ha, so looks like 1234 is the error, ok right ill test more. thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it is just the 124 bsod, 124 seems rather vague, couple of options to try. What is your clock speed and vcore?

When does it BSOD? under load?

Associate
OP
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies, I'm at work now so trying to remember values from memory....
System is stable, and only seems to BSOD in BF4 with the above error code.

running 4.5gig @ 2.65v on the cpu.
I think the uncore cache voltage is 1.60v

I dont know what QPI/VTT is? what is this?

Does that help folks?

Geoff.

Caporegime
itll be vccio or vccsa on asus (whichever out of those two are around 1.05v)

but tbh id look at a few clicks more cpu voltage first,only look at raising vccio/vccsa if its still unstable or your running 16gb or more memory otherwise it should be fine on stock voltage

actually I see your running 16gb of memory so id raise the vccio/vccsa from stock 1.05v to 1.10v then see how it performs

Soldato
Hi, this will help you with BSOD -

Common BSOD Error Codes for Overclocking

0x101 = increase vcore
0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore...have to test to see which one it is
on i7 45nm, usually means too little VVT/QPI for the speed of Uncore
on i7 32nm SB, usually means too little vCore
0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest or whatever you prefer. Try raising your Ram voltage
0x1E = increase vcore
0x3B = increase vcore
0x3D = increase vcore
0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary, can also be unstable Ram, raise Ram voltage
0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
0x109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r

BSOD Codes for Sandy Bridge

0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
0x101 = add more vcore
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
0x1E = add more vcore
0x3B = add more vcore
0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
“0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances”
0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

Man of Honour
Can happen I believe if the relationship between VTT and IMC/VCSSA and VCore is outside of certain ranges not just because you don't have enough VCore.

IIRC the general advice there is to make sure that VTT and IMC voltages are within ~0.05v of each other or less and that neither is more than 0.3v less (but always under) than vcore - but don't go above 1.15 on the VTT/IMC as unless your using extreme clocks it won't take more than that to stabalise them if thats the issue.

Man of Honour
I'm a little dubious of their values (depending if your aiming for records/OC'd system just for that or if you want a 24x7 system).

I'm not a great fan of pushing extra VDIMM as RAM tends to be quite sensitive to electromigration and more than ~5% can kill the interconnects in months if your RAM has any weaknesses. (Seen it happen too many times for myself). Given most current intel platforms gain very little from memory performance I just don't see the gains are worth it for the increased risk of premature failure.

If you can't easily afford to replace your CPU then I'd reccomend sticking to 1.35v max vcore though upto 1.4 is usually fine on decent cooling and 1.45 "probably" won't be a problem but your into the area intel has noted as "might cause permanent damge to your CPU". TBH I've abused the **** out of Intel CPUs vcore wise over the years and they can usually take it (Northwood sudden death aside). However some of the additional voltages can kill a CPU more easily, I don't really reccomend more than 1.15 VTT/IMC(VCSSA) unless your using sub-ambient cooling (this depends a bit on which generation/socket intel your using).

Back
Top Bottom