Overclocking 2500K - IBT Testing

Caporegime
I've always sworn by IBT too. Sure, in real world usage you're NEVER going to put the CPU under as much load as IBT does, but it's nice to know its 100% stable.

Soldato
And no overclock I've done had ever failed anything.. :rolleyes:

Well i build on avg 100 overclocked systems a year and have seen games/software fall over on non stress stable machines quite easily. Anyhow, you got your opinion and most would agree its wrong, but i'm done arguing.

I don't think the situation would ever arise where a CPU is stable in IBT but not in Prime95.

Try the latest versions, with AVX instructions, very much more IMC intensive than the previous versions and i've seen numerous occasions where LINX/IBT passed fine but fell over with prime, mostly VTT and memory voltage related.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Well i build on avg 100 overclocked systems a year and have seen games/software fall over on non stress stable machines quite easily. Anyhow, you got your opinion and most would agree its wrong, but i'm done arguing.

Congratulations....

We had a big discussion over at xtremesystems about stabilty and how most of the time it's worthless.

Temp, VRM temp, current draw can all affect stability, even down to the point where a single degree can cause a crash.

Last edited:

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Congratulations....

We had a big discussion over at xtremesystems about stabilty and how most of the time it's worthless.

Temp, VRM temp, current draw can all affect stability, even down to the point where a single degree can cause a crash.

I/m not sure if your being serious or trolling.
The absolute last thing i would expect to be discussed over at XS is stability.

Really a discussion on stability at XS !! :rolleyes:

It's called xtremesystems for a reason

Permabanned
I/m not sure if your being serious or trolling.
The absolute last thing i would expect to be discussed over at XS is stability.

Really a discussion on stability at XS !! :rolleyes:

It's called xtremesystems for a reason

Aren't you a clever boy :rolleyes:

It was a thread that was started by people saying most overclocks on the forums don't count because they wasn't prime95 stable for 24hrs...blah...blah...
Case in point I was flat out told that my Phenom 2 x6 1075T overclock of 4.8Ghz was irrelevant because it couldn't run blend for 24 hours, regardless of the fact that it was and still is the fastest 1075T and one of the fastest Phenom 2 x6's in the whole of the UK that's run on a 24/7 basis.

Back
Top Bottom