• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclocking 7600GTs Thread

to see if the card is throttling back, make sure you have coolbits installed then go into the driver settings of the classic control panel and you will se a debug settings tab. look in there. it will have errors listed if the card is throttling back. mine was doing some silent throttling at 620mhz core. and higher than 620mhz on the core resulted in hard freezing for a minute while the clocks speeds dropped. at 615mhz on the core the card has given me no errors at all. and the memory is brilliant going to 865mhz. although coolbits limits me to 840mhz.

i have the GeForce 7600 GT 256MB GDDR3 by BFB and its seems a nice little card. Cooler is loud at full wack buts its going watercooled soon.

Ill post my overclocks wen am at home. Core is 620 i think.

FLATOUT 2 players

ok guys if you have the above game does yours crash when the card is overclocked? I find every other game is fine...but as soon as i start a race within 4 seconds its crashes. iirc it even does it when the card is optimised via coolbits and that isnt a high oc is it

yes that was the first game that gave me freeze problems while the card clocked down when i was at 625mhz.

best way to overclock is to push the card as high as possible and then see in the debug ino if it is silent throttling. backing off by 5mhz solves that problem and you then have a 100% stable card.

Is that all with std AGP speed, or PCI-E speed?
I have overclocked my 7600GT's using coolbits (cant quote speeds as PC needs RAM, which is on a RMA issue!! Bloody Corsair!) but I know I have up'd the PCI-E FSB to 118MHz!!!
It was playing FEAR & Quake 4 with now problems in SLI!

That's running on standard AGP speed.

I'm running on 615/750 now which seems much more stable then before. btw I can't find that degub information anywhere in the control panel. I'm running the original CP and I can't find any debug tab anywhere. Maybe a screenie to help? :o

I think my PSU (330W) is giving some severe problems with my card at the moment. Min PSU is stated as 300W on the gfx card box but I have 3 harddrives and a bunch of PCI cards running off that too. Can't wait for my new mobo so I can switch to the new Titan box and PSU.

Maybe it needs the volt mod to perform at speeds above 615. sunlit offered to help and I will post a picture of the back of my gfx card when I switch the syste over to the new case.

the reason you may not have the debug settings option is because your running an old coolbits version and not running coolbits2/3d.

i have the latest one from the guru3d site. i will post it here as well for you:

debug.png

Coolbits3D

make sure you rightmouse button and choose save as for the coolbits3d reg key above.

Back
Top Bottom