Overclocking i7-11700K on Z590-I Gaming Wifi

Associate
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum, so hello all!

I've been running an i7-11700k on an ITX Asus Rog Z590-I Gaming Wifi and gradually I've noticed sharp and consistent spikes over 100°C when my CPU is running "AI Optimised" with XMP 1 3600mhz RAM in the overclock UEFI settings.

I'm convinced it's due to the UEFI pushing the CPU voltage up to 1.45v all the time for 5000mhz boost, it never goes above 5000mhz but running hotter than with no overclock at 5000mhz but the CPU is clearly faster when using "AI Optimised" and XMP 1 for the 3600mhz.

So my dilemma, when I reset the UEFI using F5, them change XMP 1 and "AI Optimised" the CPU will run hot really hot. I tried reducing the RAM to 3200mhz but the system wont boot to windows.

So then I tried removing the overclock completely to stock CPU with XMP 1 and I get good temps below 100°C.

My question, how to overlock the CPU to boost at 5100mhz but with a voltage of 1.3v and still be able to run XMP 1 for my RAM timings and not overheat past 100°C?

Is there a UEFI i7-11700k guide anywhere I can try?

Will spiking to 100°C destroy my CPU overtime or it's fine?

Cheers

Steve

Associate
OP
The IA and core voltages seem to fluctuate after every boot, probably the "AI Optimise" UEFI settings messing with things, would love to lock the CPU voltage to 1.35 but no idea how, any help out there?

I removed the Corsair 280x case top tempered glass and my CPU temps have gone down by about 5°C, so I'll probably just buy one of these hex plexiglass replacements:

https://www.coldzero.eu/corsair-280x-replacement-top-window-hexx-smoked

Back
Top Bottom