Overclocking in a BitFenix Prodigy case

Associate
So it's been a few years since I upgraded my hardware and really like the look of a few things out there - this case being one of them. The thing is, I've changed circumstances a bit since my last setup so a some faster processing would definitely come in handy, perhaps and i7, for video editing.

My question is, are mini-ITX motherboards capable of getting decent speeds and is the cooling adequate for what can fit in a case as small as the Prodigy?

Associate
Yep, recent ITX motherboards are pretty powerful.

When i was researching for my prodigy build i found that the only thing you sacrifice (on the whole) are 2 ram slots and more than one PCI-E slot. Overclocking and other general features are very similar otherwise.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply.

So to clarify, a 4.0 Ghz+ overclock with an i7 or i5 should be achievable? I'll be gaming and doing a bit of video processing so the overclock would definitely be coming in handy. Is 2x8GB RAM going to limit things a lot?

Associate
I am going with a Prodigy and am going to put an i5 3570k in it with the ASrock z77 ITX board. Going to use a H100 inside to cool it so am expecting to get a decent clock on it.

Back
Top Bottom