• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclocking Mad First Time

Abz

Abz

Associate
OP
so keep voltage at stock, which is 1.325v.

When I OC the cpu and the I set it at 3Ghz, can will I be able to change the ram fsb to 800 and the timing to 4 4 4 4 12?

Soldato
If you keep the ram linked to the cpu and overclock to 3GHz with a 9x multiplier, then the ram speed will be set to 667mhz. Keeping the ram unlinked should keep it at 800mhz speed, but it will be a ratio like 2:3 or 3:4 not too sure. People say its better to keep it at a 1:1 ratio, which will have your ram at 667mhz. Timings can be set manually in the bios and should stay at 4-4-4-12 for 3GHz.

Setting the multiplier to something like 8x like i said above will give your ram a better speed of 750mhz whilst having the cpu at 3GHz. It just means that you wont be able to go as high as the E4300 can really go.

Abz

Abz

Associate
OP
Ok yesterday, I tried the 1:1 thing you advised,

I set the FSB to 1200 QDR i think and the ram also clocked to 1200 :eek:

I rebooted the machine for the changes to get effected but it didnt work so I had to clear Bios.

any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom