OVERCLOCKING PENTIUM-M?!

Permabanned
Can the pentium m cpu be overclocked in my laptop the bios doesnt give me an options to do so at all...

is there any software so i can do it from windows

Robbo

Mobo is Intel i855GME
BIOS is - American Megatrends 080010

Last edited:
Associate
Don't do it. Even if you can. Laptops are not designed to cope with the extra heat generated by overclocking. Most are on the edge of what you would call acceptable and some are poorly designed from the get-go, suffering random shut-downs caused by heat.

There are one or two laptop maufacturers who have included an 'automatic' o/c function that provides something like a 15% boost but they are built with cooling that can cope. (Just about).

Associate
On doing a quick check, I've found there is a clockgen for your board. Just keep a close eye on the temps.

Be sure to post back with your results. :)

Soldato
I overclocked my work laptop... it fell over.

Thankfully I rescued it, it would have taken me ages to explain to our IT guys what a computer is.. and then after a decent break set about explaining why it didn't work any more :p

400mhz on a P-m.. that must be knocking on for 25%?? Good work! Just watch the temps, you don't want to go boiling your manhood.

Associate
yah why is it that IT guys in work never know what theyre on about? lol. reminds me of an advert for cup a soup, and its like this IT guy trying to get through the day without doing any work cuz he doesnt know nethin lol. its quite funny. hes like " have you tried
CTRL- ALT delete? and all its funny :D

Back
Top Bottom