• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

overclocking q6700 quad core

Associate
hi ive just replaced my e6600 with a q6700 quad core ,i overclocked my e6600 quite comfortably to 3.5ghz but settled off at a round 3.0ghz with 4 gb ram , ive got a bgf 680isli motherboard and ive just installed the the q6700 and loaded the defaults in the bios so everything is running normal speed , now all im asking is for a few pointers from anyone who has had this chip and overclocked it ! whats a decent overclock for this chip without stressing it too much ! what voltage etc ........look forward to hearing from you !

Associate
I also have the same chip and have managed to get it to 3.5ghz stable on an asus p5 deluxe motherboard. At 3.6 it wont stay stable in prime. I may have a good mess about with it one day as I think i could push it further with some voltage tweaks.

Permabanned
Hi ,

You could struggle to achieve a big over clock using the 680i nvidia board. Say compared to Intel chipsets. You would need 1.4v for say 333fsb which i think would be 3.2ghz. I think thats all you may get but im sure some might be able to help you out. Ideally the best clocking boards are P35 , P45 and that would clock that Q6700 really well.

Take things slowly at first. Increase little by little. But for my old Q6600 and 680i around the 340fsb was my wall. No more for me.

McT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom