Overclocking Results for 8086k

Associate
Hi,

I just installed a delidded 8086k on a maximus Hero X and i was wondering how are my temps.

It's running 5ghz all core, avx offset 2, LLC6, 1.285vcore.

Just played Far Cry New Dawn and Assassin's creed odyssey for a while and got those temps and i was wondering if they are any good.

I've not done any prime or whatever and I'm just using it a regular way to see if all is stable.

It's running under a H150i Aio with 3 noctua fans.

Thanks !

Soldato
Temps look OK, voltage has gone right up below 1.3 but not above which is pretty decent. I suppose it comes down to how much noise you are happy with as I'd look for lower temperatures. Prime95 or other stress testing will definitely produce higher temps. Case airflow/temps matter too - how are graphics card temperatures?

I would still do some proper stability testing though. Plus I tend to run pretty aggressive stress testing to find absolute maximum temperatures, so that goes nicely with stability testing.

Associate
OP
I think the GPU temps in game are around 60c. (1080ti)

Well while gaming the fans are up to 100% I use a headset so I don't really care.

But are those temps "normal" or "good" for a delidded 8086 at those values? Saw some people claiming to have 60c max on the most demanding game with the same CPU.

Is there other settings I can play with in bios to cool it down and stay stable?

thanks

Associate
OP
With HW info, after playing some Far Cry New dawn, i saw that average temp was 64c, i was always watching the max temps with HW monitor but a peak at higher temps for one sec is not the best way to tell anything i suppose.

I got 64c average on a gaming session, I think it's quite good :

tried a real bench but crashed, BSOD

" Page fault in nonpaged area"

Does it mean I should rise the vcore a bit?

For the memory in RB, i should put the amount I have?

Soldato
With HW info, after playing some Far Cry New dawn, i saw that average temp was 64c, i was always watching the max temps with HW monitor but a peak at higher temps for one sec is not the best way to tell anything i suppose.

I got 64c average on a gaming session, I think it's quite good :

tried a real bench but crashed, BSOD

" Page fault in nonpaged area"

Does it mean I should rise the vcore a bit?

For the memory in RB, i should put the amount I have?
I'm not familiar with RealBench but paging is a memory operation. So yeah give that a try.

I'd hope 64 would be closer to max temperature when gaming but YMMV I guess. I'd say going over 70 is a warning sign on such a big cooler, unless applying some serious volts/clocks. Are case temperatures ok?

Associate
OP
yeah temps are ok.

Average temps are around 65c on most demanding games are that too hot for 5ghz? I thought that was .

For the page i don't have any pagefile (virtual memory) maybe it's for that? I set it up to none since I have 32gb or ram

Associate
OP
I have some questions about some settings.
this screen is from a video on youtube and not my actual setting but should I use those?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom