• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclocking the x1950 pro

Associate
With my old 6600GT, I had a great bit of software somebody gave me called riva tuner. You just click on the forcewear detected bit and then you could change the memory and gpu speeds. I always went for a 10% overclock and it was fine for the 18 months I had it.
Now I have an X1950 Pro, I went into riva tuner but it didn't recognise the card, which I expected as I'm guessing it's designed for nvidia? Anyway is there a similar bit of software for my new gfx card? and can I o/clock this gfx card without any mods to it? Was thinking of raising the cpu of it from 580mhz to 600, is this adviseable?

Soldato
Download it and give it a go, I'm sure it'll be alright. :)

If not then you can have a look to see what other X1950Pro users overclock with.

Soldato
beast said:
Alright cheers naffa. Is that your correct DOB in your profile BTW? :eek: :D

Does it matter? :) Fobbing off younger and older people into brackets is never a good idea, there are idiots and in-the-know people in all age brackets :) I used to know one dude who had built a PC at the age of Seven, and could tell you all about the BIOS etc, perhaps a little sad at his age (incoming geekdom), but it proves that people cant always be judged by the cover so to speak :D

Soldato
No probs dude. Never treat a book by its cover as they say :)

Age-ism is being eliminated in business; on a forum which could decide how hundreds of pounds are being spent, this could also be an important lesson :)

Associate
OP
Umm, at what point did I become age-ist?

In truth I was surprised that somebody so young was so mature and knowledgeable. ;)

Soldato
beast said:
Umm, at what point did I become age-ist?

In truth I was surprised that somebody so young was so mature and knowledgeable. ;)
Thanks. :)
Alexrose1uk said:
I never did say you were, I just wished to jump in, as unfortunately thats where that line of comment goes most of the time, sorry if I caused any offence :)
Don't think anything bad has come from it, and I think the problem as a whole is decreasing now. Which is good obviously.

Back
Top Bottom