Overtime in small firm

Soldato
Just searched for same jobs out of interest and the first one read like this;

"The role will pay up to c£32k per annum (depending on experience) working a 40 hour week (door to door pay), together with a 5% performance related bonus per month. Other benefits include a company vehicle, fuel card, phone, tablet, generous pension, other bonuses and company share scheme. There is also standby allowance and potential overtime which will increase the overall package. As part of the role you will be required to be on call out one weekend on four."

That is dream land compared to where I work, sadly I don't have the qualification they require.

Can still apply, worst that can happen is you stay in the same position you are in now so nothing to lose.

Plus job adverts always put silly requirements, I saw a cleaning job the other day that wanted 10 years experience. Ridiculous.

Caporegime
indeed, doesn't take long to write up a quick cover letter and tailor your CV to the job... if it is a job that it seems you could be genuinely suited to then just apply

Caporegime
Just searched for same jobs out of interest and the first one read like this;

"The role will pay up to c£32k per annum (depending on experience) working a 40 hour week (door to door pay), together with a 5% performance related bonus per month. Other benefits include a company vehicle, fuel card, phone, tablet, generous pension, other bonuses and company share scheme. There is also standby allowance and potential overtime which will increase the overall package. As part of the role you will be required to be on call out one weekend on four."

That is dream land compared to where I work, sadly I don't have the qualification they require.
Apply anyway showing your experience. Many companies would rather someone who does and has done the job over anyone who has the qualifications but has never put them to use.

Also as above, if you have no fixed place of work then your 'work' starts the moment you leave the house and start travelling to your first location, not when you arrive.

Soldato
OP
It's nowhere near me, I was just using the job description as an example of the first one I came across in a search.

The qualification is pretty compulsory for the job, you can't work on gas equipment without it.

Associate
It's nowhere near me, I was just using the job description as an example of the first one I came across in a search.

The qualification is pretty compulsory for the job, you can't work on gas equipment without it.
could you do the qualification in your own time? if you're already do the job i guess you won't need to do much training / revision?

Back
Top Bottom