Overwatch

Caporegime
I am not that bothered on solider guy, he is powerful but I like the other heroes more, soldier guy is just a standard FPS type of play, other ones feel more unique in how they play.

To maximise damage remember to hook > shoot > melee.

Will do, thanks :)

Experience doesn't matter, team play is far more important.

"Floaty pew pew guy" is a funny way to describe characters though :p

Not quite.

range shot ~ hook > close shot ~ melee ~ close shot

Some character don't get pulled close enough for the melee (it's buggy). For those you have to whip 90 degrees and back again to get the hook to pull them close enough.

haha, can't remember all their names just yet :p :D

His weapon seems pretty powerful for a healer.

And yup, team play is far more important in this game, had some atrocious teams today but then the competition has been far tougher as well....

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Not quite.

range shot ~ hook > close shot ~ melee ~ close shot

Some character don't get pulled close enough for the melee (it's buggy). For those you have to whip 90 degrees and back again to get the hook to pull them close enough.

I must be doing something wrong because whenever i hook someone you genereally dont have enough time to shoot twice after one hook as there literally a second before they can get out.

Man of Honour
They can escape after the first close, the rest of the sequence is to kill the higher health characters or in case your first hit wasn't a head shot on those that can escape.

You get the range shot damage, plus the hook damage, plus the first short shot guaranteed.

That's enough to kill all the characters that can escape (mei, reaper, tracer etc), while the melee and close shot follow ups are the pattern needed to kill anyone else. Mainly tanks.

Soldato
Had a lot of fun playing this over the weekend but still can't bring myself to pay £30, will keep an eye out for black friday deals on the standard edition.

It's a shame there is no single player (or just story driven mp like titanfall) as they've created all this backstory through trailers / comics and then used none of it in the game.

Caporegime
Same but I switched to the Logitech G300S, it's too small for my hands though but extremely lightweight which I like.

Yup, that is my biggest dislike with the g502, so damn heavy compared to my fk 1 :( And then my biggest dislike about the fk 1 compared to the g502 are the buttons, they aren't as responsive.

Caporegime
Well that is the free weekend over for me, was a lot of fun except when you get a shocking team, which seemed to be happening more often today... Personally don't think it is worth £30 (for me), once the division DLC/patch is out of the way and I get a few single player games out of the way, I will probably pick it up though.

And my last player of the match highlight as Hanzo, nothing special again but leaves me with a big grin at the end :p :D

His special seems incredibly weak though :mad:

Seen some insane highlights on overwatch reddit! :cool:

Hopefully DICE implement something like this in future BF titles, although before they do that, they need to fix the main game first!!! :p

Soldato
Thank God the free weekend is over......can get some decent games again!!!:p:p

Quick play was just rank awful as new players have no clue about team composition etc......:D

Saying that myself, Kreeeee and Nexus did go on a couple of large wrecking spree's against shockingly bad teams!!

Soldato
Mei is great fun, she must be the most rage inducing character for the opposite team especially the quick moving players :p :D

mei is satan people just seem to not know what to do vs her, her range of the freeze is just a bit too high imo but most irritatingly is the lack of focus snipers seem to give her. They always too busy trying to tag genji or tracer.

Quick play was just rank awful as new players have no clue about team composition etc......:D

Saying that myself, Kreeeee and Nexus did go on a couple of large wrecking spree's against shockingly bad teams!!

We played as 6 last night

blizzard gave us 3 duos each with a free play guy so it was basically 3 v 6 was good fun for a bit but painfully easy. GG blizzard

Well that is the free weekend over for me, was a lot of fun except when you get a shocking team, which seemed to be happening more often today... Personally don't think it is worth £30 (for me), once the division DLC/patch is out of the way and I get a few single player games out of the way, I will probably pick it up though.

And my last player of the match highlight as Hanzo, nothing special again but leaves me with a big grin at the end :p :D

His special seems incredibly weak though :mad:

Seen some insane highlights on overwatch reddit! :cool:

Nice highlights :)

Hanzo is pretty strong and the ultimate can get people off point zone delay and do massive damage to people returning from death. his arrow hit box is abormally large and because it's an arrow he can often get blow for blow trades. Personally i prefer widowmaker I just find her so much easy to get damage down with. Hanzo's scatter arrow is probably his most ******** tool when it goes off correctly it devestates :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hanzo ult is best combo'd with Zarya ult. It's just a zoning tool otherwise.

Good shout that, seen some nice tactics like that being combined.

hehe those rounds were fun, I would have followed you to keep you healed more often but you were going balls deep on the enemy too often! :D

mei is satan people just seem to not know what to do vs her, her range of the freeze is just a bit too high imo but most irritatingly is the lack of focus snipers seem to give her. They always too busy trying to tag genji or tracer.

Nice highlights :)

Hanzo is pretty strong and the ultimate can get people off point zone delay and do massive damage to people returning from death. his arrow hit box is abormally large and because it's an arrow he can often get blow for blow trades. Personally i prefer widowmaker I just find her so much easy to get damage down with. Hanzo's scatter arrow is probably his most ******** tool when it goes off correctly it devestates :D

Yeah she does seem a bit too powerful when it comes to 1 vs 1 or even 1 vs 2 in some cases, I wiped out some guy playing as sombra about 4 times in a row and you could tell he was ****ed as he went invisible, went behind me and despite the rest of the team being around me, he only concentrated on me...

Her ice wall is super good for stopping pushes and breaking up the enemy team, especially breaking them up from reinhardt or a dedicated healer.

Thanks :) Hanzo is definitely one of my favourite and yeah that scatter arrow is great, I particularly like using it when an enemy is low on health and he retreats around a corner thinking he is safe :D

Haven't seen too many people playing as snipers in this, I didn't try any of the snipers either, prefer the more unique heroes.

2 heroes that I just couldn't do well with were tracer and ninja guy.

That is what I really like about the game, you have all different types of characters + play styles, want to play as a cowboy, you got that, want to play as a ninja, you got that, want to play as a transformer/robot or you want to play as a giant gorilla with high tech. weapons, you got that and so on :D

BTW,

Search "overbotch" on youtube by OnlyAfro, the RAGE! :D

Soldato
Just play ranked as the free weekenders can't play proper Overwatch.

Doesn't it do skill matching anyway in quick play, I've only played for the free weekend but it only seems to put me in games with fellow low ranked new players.

Quite impressed by how quickly it finds games, whats it like without the free weekend surge. Servers still always busy / active?

Back
Top Bottom