Overwatch

Soldato
That desert level is ridiculous. They really need to change the start to allow for more ways to get through the arch way. Pretty much always means the defending team win because 3 turrets are put up aiming through that hole.

Soldato
There are a few places where there is only one way through but that is the worst IMO. However the beauty of Overwatch? switch characters to counter it. Get a mercy to heal the team as they take damage from the turrets, a widowmaker to snipe them, a reinhardt to provide cover, Pharoh or Hanzo to go over the top, a roadhog or tracer through the door and get behind them. The biggest mistake I see randoms make it shooting the turretts when you should shooting the Trobjorn. Once he isn't around to repair the turret they are easy to take down and objective A is too far away from the spawn for him to get back in time. Then again, randoms so rarely focus on healers which annoys me. Take the healers down first then you take down the offensive/defensive characters.

Playing a ranked match the other night, we had an overtime match to attack and the defend team had 2 turrets and a Bastion with a Reinhardt shielding them all. A couple of changes from out intial choices of character and we rolled straight through to victory.

Last edited:
Soldato
Come across two teams that have deliberately cheated (using symetra's turrets in places that can't be hit but can hit you), very annoying.

Also come across single hero teams which is a massive PITA - yes I know everyone has a counter but dVa is so annoying to counter.

Finally, get really annoyed to be winning a hard fought 2-0 lead for players on the opposite team to start leaving leading to reduced exp :(

/Rant Over

Associate
Indeed, I am genuinely surprised this game isn't more popular. Unlike other games (CoD, BF, Destiny etc.) I don't find Overwatch rage inducing and unlike those games, Overwatch characters and weapons are perfectly balanced IMO.

The game is boring after a while I find, I know a few people that have already traded it in, probably do the same myself this week.

Soldato
The game is boring after a while I find, I know a few people that have already traded it in, probably do the same myself this week.

Maybe it is just me but I don't get this standpoint, maybe it varies depending on what games you have been playing previously. Though I know some people who have traded Overwatch in for being boring yet are people I have played CoD with for the last 5 or 6 years.

Soldato
Also come across single hero teams which is a massive PITA - yes I know everyone has a counter but dVa is so annoying to counter.

I main DVa and Tracer is the best counter imo. DVa is awesome at wrecking slow targets up close and neutralizing them at range with the defence grid....but a Tracer that keeps skipping around you at close range melts you in seconds.

Soldato
So hopefully I haven't been a noob here but..

When watching PC game play I've always wanted the top right log of who kills who on console, having just watched an Xbox stream on Twitch it was there...so logged into Overwatch and it isn't for me..

Please tell me there isn't an option to toggle this on that I've missed?

Soldato
D.Va
Defense Matrix
Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
Self-Destruct
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

Hell yes, awesome changes for D.Va :)

Soldato
Best one is the explosion doesn't damage the player, the amount of times I have suicide using the special in a group.

Yeah I find the radius of the explosion is totally janky too....sometimes I can be miles away from the mech when it detonates and still die. Be good to get rid of those deaths.

Provided my new router's waiting for me at home I'll be on for a while this evening...

Soldato
Yeah I find the radius of the explosion is totally janky too....sometimes I can be miles away from the mech when it detonates and still die. Be good to get rid of those deaths.

Provided my new router's waiting for me at home I'll be on for a while this evening...

It is the enclosed objectives where I had trouble like Ilios where I found it best to walk in then detonate rather than jet pack launch it in. I might be around tonight for some games, it all depends on if ISP has fixed the fault that disconnects me every 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom