Owners of both a PS4 & Xbox One: Which console do you find yourself playing more often?

Xbox 360 :p

For Diablo 3 coop seshes and GTA V Online.

Completed Infamous, Wolfenstein, played AC Black Flag, Watch Dogs and currently on MotoGP 14 - all on my PS4.

I don't have an Xbone, but I'd imagine it would be much the same as Dead Rising games have always burnt out for me (bit like Assassins Creed, just get a bit repetitive). Although Forza Horizon does look good, apart from only being able to race in daytime in sunny weather :confused: next gen to the max!

Last edited:
I've actually been logging the games (and films) I've completed this year in a spreadsheet :cool:

Since I've had my XB1 I've completed 16 games:

7 PS4
5 XB1
2 360
1 PS3
1 WiiU

I've had the PS4 since launch and been with PS+ for a couple of years now, most new games are getting bought for the xb1 as I prefer the controller and ecosystem, that is unless the xb1 game is horribly gimped!

Got them all, and i'm playing Wildstar. :( However it's been a split for me - Fifa and KI have kept me on my Xbox one. PS4 completed around 3 games.

Until I got Watch_Dogs it was my xbox one, now it's primarily the PS4.

I'm feeling lost as to what I am going to play on my xbox one in the future too.

Playing BF4 on both has sort of confirmed how poor the xbox one is in relation to the PS4.

:(

Honestly get BF4 if you can, the difference is startling.

This is coming from someone as well who did not think there would be much of a difference, and I'm not a graphics whore.

But to me now 900p > 720p. I cannot go back.

I'm a PC gamer at heart so not bias, had both consoles for 8 months, sold the xbox one.

For me it isnt a next gen console and will feel dated within a couple of years due to poor hardware, they really cocked this one up imo cause I preferred the 360 last time round. We will slowly start to see the PS4 leaving the XB1 in terms of ingame performance, the latest Driveclub vs Forza Horizon videos show this already.

Intended to keep both but keeping the PS4 and the PC the only thing XB1 brings to the table gaming wise is Forza and that isnt enough.

PS4 currently, but it changes depending on the exclusives that are out. I expect to be using my XO a lot more in the second half of this year with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and the Halo Collection coming out.

PS4 is still my go-to console for multi-plats though.

Had the PS4 at launch and only recently bought the Xbox One (only have F5 on it). So it's been the PS4 that's been the more used in this instance. However neither has seen huge amounts of use if I'm honest, certainly not a reflection of the amount I've spent to acquire the systems. The PC has seen more use in the time frame.

I'm going to play Destiny and likely most multi-platform games on the PS4 simple becuase that's where we're seeing the stronger versions.

And lastly a minor point (and slightly surprised to say this) however I prefer the DS4 pad. When I first picked up the Xbox One pad I was disappointed. The new ergonomics result in a controller that feels smaller than the 360 pad and your hands are slightly closer together. Until I started to play the Destiny Alpha I didn't realise how much Sony got the stick placement, angle of the controller and grip so right on the DS4. Only the battery life and sticks that let it down, although I do use Kontrolfreaks on my main pads now.

Still all 3 systems have great main controllers (including the awesome Wii U Controller Pro) so this is a minor observation.

I disconnected my Xbox One temporarily 2 months ago, I've since had zero desire to plug it back in. There's just nothing that has grabbed me about it unfortunately.

PS4 on the other hand gets daily usage!

PS4 currently, but it changes depending on the exclusives that are out. I expect to be using my XO a lot more in the second half of this year with Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and the Halo Collection coming out.

PS4 is still my go-to console for multi-plats though.
Very much this. The XB1 will become the main console again when I get Diablo 3 as I want to transfer our characters over from the 360 version (and the wife hates the PS controllers), but I'm getting stuff like Destiny on PS4. I certainly don't regret my XB1 purchase for a moment, but I'll be honest and say the PS4 is definitely becoming my main console.

I bought the Xbox One at release and have Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Forza 5, Ttanfall and Tomb Raider for it.

Titanfall and Battlefield 4 I've hardly touched, BF4 because the mp is a complete mess and Titanfall because the performance was dreadful and I quickly got bored with it. I've completed TR and played Fifa 14 quite a lot. I still occasionally dabble with Forza5

I currently use the Xbox One daily however for Twitch, youtube and sky tv integration. As a gaming machine it's rarely used at the moment.

I bought a PS4 in March along with inFamous SS which I played loads and completed. I also bought Thief on a whim but haven't even loaded it up yet! I got Watchdogs at release for PS4 but haven't had chance to put much time in at all. It seems quite poor though for what I've seen.

One of the issues is I don't have much time for gaming at the moment due to other interests but I certainly consider the PS4 to be the console I'll 'game' on most in the future. That said, I'm looking forward Halo MC on the One.

Last edited:
Cheers for all your comments so far.

This offers an interesting insight for a non owner. As a soon to be owner of one of these consoles I rather listen to what an owner of both systems has to say, it's way more more useful than wading through the countless rubbish threads on the net and the arguments from fanboys.

Cheers for all your comments so far.

This offers an interesting insight for a non owner. As a soon to be owner of one of these consoles I rather listen to what an owner of both systems has to say, it's way more more useful than wading through the countless rubbish threads on the net and the arguments from fanboys.

You mean you don't find this useful:

IT'S NOT ABOUT RESOLUTION IT'S ABOUT FPS ! ! !

NO IT IS ABOUT RES ! ! !

PS PLUS HAS MORE GAMES ! ! ! !

XBOX LIVE HAS BETTER SERVER INFRASTRUCTURE ! ! ! !

PS4 HAS MORE RAM ! ! !

XBONE CONTROLS EVERYTHING ! !

:p

XO mainly. Fifa gets a fair amount of game time. Although lately been playing a lot of PVZ Garden warfare on it :p such a fun game honestly !

PS4 might get more love once Last of Us is out :)

I think I've spent about two hours on my Xbox in the last few weeks when I tried the Dead Rising DLC. All of my other time has been spent on the PS4 & PS3. I'm not feeling the Xbox love just now but once some decent exclusives start coming out for it that'll change.

Back
Top Bottom