P5B broken asus CD, what drivers do I need?

Soldato
My P5B has arrived with a bent asus cd, what drivers do I need to download? I've downloaded the lan and audio ones.. is that it??

Don't need RAID or anything btw.

Also, I downloaded the intel storage thingy and it tells me my system doesn't conform? A p5b with ddr2 an E6700(ES) and a 7900gtx?

All I can think is my drives are sata not sata2?

Soldato
OP
well this is the thing, I don't know what, I'm sort of used to nforce drivers.. everything seems to be working though and on the asus site it doesn't specify any chipset drivers??

Soldato
OP
well its gone from a stock 42s 1mb on your new cpu/mem to 19s on my new cpu and 1 stick of ddr2 as the other is dead..

I can live with that :)

Soldato
matt100 said:
well its gone from a stock 42s 1mb on your new cpu/mem to 19s on my new cpu and 1 stick of ddr2 as the other is dead..

I can live with that :)

Did i hear someone say stock?

This things gonna cry when it sees the vcore thats about to go through it!

We're gonna need a new benchmark soon, unless we can just measure pi in miliseconds

Soldato
you can download the chipset drivers from intel, the 965g ones,

my asus p5b driver cd was a bit iffy in my pioneer drive but worked fine
in the lg :confused: (made a copy of the cd and it works fine)

devious has / had some problems with his driver cd lol!

asus are dishing out dodgy cds lol

Soldato
OP
I downloaded the intel application installer thingy and the storage manager (which I guess is the SM bus thing), the install manager goes on fine but it keeps telling me my system doesn't comply with the minimum specs and aborts the install?

I'm not especially bothered but I'm curious why its telling me this..

@ defcon 5.. iirc it was about 1.5 vcore and 2.85ghz but I could be wrong, it was in the shuttle though which would screenshot at 3.05 but not bench anywhere past 2.8ish.. drooped under load something chronic though.

Soldato
The CD not working properly is very annoying but luckily i was able to at least install the ethernet driver to get me onto the internet to download the rest.

The problem I have now is it wont install AIsuite or ProbeII saying not the correct mobo or that i should update bios, that with either 0614 or 0711 bios. wtf!

Last edited:
Soldato
probe II is working fine for me, i remember some issue with ai booster but i dont use it anyways.

have you tried the latest stuff from asus ftp, both the programs have been updated

Soldato
<maddness> said:
probe II is working fine for me, i remember some issue with ai booster but i dont use it anyways.

have you tried the latest stuff from asus ftp, both the programs have been updated

yeah tried all the latest versions :(

Back
Top Bottom