1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P5Q Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by JustinB, 15 Dec 2008.

1. JustinB

Gangster

Just added some new components to my system. Q6600, Asus P5Q Pro, 4gb OCZ ram.

The problem im having is the DVD drives not being found so i can re install windows . They arent showing up in windows also. They have power as they open/ close, lights on also. Didnt have any problems with them before. They are Pioneer 111s ide. Tried messing with the drive jumpers etc, but nothing

Justin

2. kmufc77

Mobster

3. JustinB

Gangster

Have tried that, and didnt do anything? Would buying a sata drive solve my problems?

4. chippy08

Mobster

Have you checked your jumper setting on your drive ? are you running a another drive as a reader if so is that jumper set the same as the one on your drive your trying to install. Does your bios see the drive.

5. JustinB

Gangster

One is set as master other is slave. I dont know? i cant see them in the bios? But i cant find any settings in there either?

6. chippy08

Mobster

You should be able to see the drives on the first page of your bios if there not showing in your bios there must be somthing really wrong not to show in there at all.

7. JustinB

Gangster

Nope theres nothing in there. I have 2 HDD listed on Sata 1 and 2. Should Ide mode be sata or something else?

8. harris1986

Mobster

I used to have a similar thing where by my dvd drive would show in vista but not in xp, this was because my motherboard disc only had SCSI drivers and my dvd drive was IDE, you will need to find a IDE driver, I did this and it worked fine.

Although now i'm running a sata DVD drive and no problems at all ;)