P5W DH wireless

Associate
Joined
15 Sep 2006
Posts
22
Location
Azeroth
This isnt a major problem more an annoyance :)

As the wireless adapter is usb, down in the system try i have the "safely remove hardware" icon, is there any way to have the wireless enabled and not have it there? is there a setting in the BIOS so windows XP wont see it as a usb device? or some other way to remove the icon?

thanks
 
Soldato
Joined
10 Oct 2003
Posts
5,518
Location
Wiltshire
kieranmarsh said:
This isnt a major problem more an annoyance :)

As the wireless adapter is usb, down in the system try i have the "safely remove hardware" icon, is there any way to have the wireless enabled and not have it there? is there a setting in the BIOS so windows XP wont see it as a usb device? or some other way to remove the icon?

thanks
Pretty sure that icon is always there whenever there is a USB device connected that is hotpluggable. I've got it down there because of the USB cable that runs from my monitor.

Don't think there is any way of removing it as far as I know. Maybe worth trying XP Powertoys or something?
 
Associate
OP
Joined
15 Sep 2006
Posts
22
Location
Azeroth
the wireless adapter on this board isnt like a usb device that you can unplug, its built onto the board so its not like you can remove the device,
in device manager it comes up as:
Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network adapter and on the asus or realtek website it does say something about it working as a USB device, cant find it at the moment as its nearly 1am :)
 
Associate
OP
Joined
15 Sep 2006
Posts
22
Location
Azeroth
heh, thats what i'd read :) i know its only a little thing, it just bugs me to have an icon telling me i can safely remove something that i cant and dont want to remove :)

suppose i just gotta live with it :(

thanks for the replys :)
 
Soldato
Joined
12 Jul 2005
Posts
3,005
Location
Just over your shoulder
I had similar problems with initial drivers (as per CD) but managed to dig out replacement/updated ones and it has been more or less perfect since :)

TBH, similar problem with the DH Remote until I sourced version 1.00.29 software and that now works perfectly too :D
 
Associate
Joined
24 Jun 2006
Posts
1,462
kieranmarsh said:
heh, thats what i'd read :) i know its only a little thing, it just bugs me to have an icon telling me i can safely remove something that i cant and dont want to remove :)

suppose i just gotta live with it :(

thanks for the replys :)

You also get this with proper hot-swappable SATA drives :) I had 4 of the things appearing when I had an SLI-DR using NVidias SATA drivers.
 
Soldato
Joined
30 Sep 2005
Posts
16,559
kevpuk said:
I had similar problems with initial drivers (as per CD) but managed to dig out replacement/updated ones and it has been more or less perfect since :)

TBH, similar problem with the DH Remote until I sourced version 1.00.29 software and that now works perfectly too :D

Where did you get the drivers from? I tried using the ones from relatek.tw but they do the same :(

Get's very annoying
 
Soldato
Joined
12 Jul 2005
Posts
3,005
Location
Just over your shoulder
glen8 said:
Where did you get the drivers from? I tried using the ones from relatek.tw but they do the same :(

Get's very annoying

My drivers show as 5.1230.518.2006 in Device Manager......can't remember where I downloaded it from, but have them save - can email them if you like, but file size is around 6.4MB....... :eek:
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
6,425
Location
Newcastle, England
I found the wireless rubbish, so I have uninstalled it and physically removed it from the board. I also find though that the onboard lans are not as good as other boards, i had in the past. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top Bottom