P8z77 - i7 - HD7950 won't post

Associate
Hi, just installed a new Corsair H80i liquid cooler. Rebuild and tidyed my cables. Upon restarting everything turns on except monitor (no post to bios).

Asus P8Z77-LE
i7 2600k @3.4Ghz
16G Corsair RAM
MSI Radeon HD7950 Twin Frozr
600W PSU

I have noticed that one of the PSU power cable that powers my graphics card no longer fits in the GPU power socket.Plugged another cable from PSU to gpu and fans turn on ok.

My mobo shows constant red light fro 'MemOK' so have removed and tested with 1, 2, 3 then 4 modules but same problem.

Tried removing the battery and clearing CMOS, same.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Associate
OP
It's a ******** PSU. i must have struggled to pull it out (1 of the 2x4 pins) from GPU and now won't go in completely. The other PSU cable powers the DVD Can i use this one to power the GPU as well? It gets the gpu fans to spin but not sure if i should be using the other one?

Soldato
Sounds like a low end PSU. I guess the new PSU cable connects to a poor rail and hence probably can't power the card properly. Can you take the 7950 out and test the PC with the onboard GPU?

Soldato
If it doesn't work with the onboard GPU then it sounds like something is wrong. I would suggest taking everything out of the case and rebuild with the bare basics, and see if you can get the system to work then.

Associate
OP
Right, just purchased and installed a new Corsair CX750M PSU but still the same issue on boot. Quite possible something isn't plugged in correctly but am at a loss which bit if that is the case...

Associate
OP
Hi, turned out to be my mobo no longer recognising my memory in 2 slots. Mem sticks were checked and all fine so had to replace mobo to a Gigabyte sniper m3...

That's the 2nd time i've had a similar issue with Asus motherboards in 16 months. Won't be going back! Anyone else had similar problems?

Back
Top Bottom