Pacific Drive

Soldato
Anyone else picked this up?

I'm 11hrs in and really enjoying it.

First person survival/driving game with extraction elements (get your scavenged materials and parts out of the zone before it collapses).

Soldato
Been playing since launch on the PS5. Performance isn't the best given the developers targetted 4k30 for some reason.

The game is superb but incredibly tense and stressful, with so many amazing memories and moments. I got the mission to goto the 3rd zone last night but suffice to say I'm sticking to the previous ones for now. My car can barely manage the second!

Soldato
I tried this and refunded. Thats not to say It wasnt a good game, I could clearly see why its popular and to be fair I enjoyed what I played. However, its just not going to be something that I finish so decided it just wasnt for me and requested refund.
I think the annoyance that i'd lose 50min worth of gameplay due to the save mechanics was the decider for me. I dont always have a lot of time to dedicate to gaming. I dont want to feel pressured to have to play through to a specific point every time I fire up a game.

Soldato

This is from the developers regarding saving and I do agree with them. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could save but that removes any tension or risk that an extraction run achieves.

I mean I am 49 and have to step away from the PC desk loads but I try and set aside game time in advance. I am also lucky that the PS5's rest mode saves state. So I can put it in rest mode and come back later and instantly resume. I've only done this once though.

The main thing to note from this is that the game does save upon ENTERING an area. If you've got a ton of loot, just speed to the next map/junction and you're sorted. You can also tweak the living bells out of the games variables in the menus so it's not really a deal breaker (ie if you die you DON'T lose your loot).

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked it up after seeing the worth a buy review, i dunno what it is about me but as i get older im really struggling to "get into" any games. This has everything that would appeal to me but i just cant motivate myself to sit down for a proper session. Ive done the first couple of trips and enjoyed what ive played so hopefully ill get fully immersed.

Bought this around the same time as last epoch and have barely played either, really is quite sad that i dont have that must play feeling with games at the moment. Might need to shake it up and try something outside my normal genre

Soldato
I'm surprised there isn't as much appreciation for this game in here, I've been wrapped up in Pacific Drive since I got my rig going again.

Not got all that far really as I'm only 40 hours in, looks to get better too.

Obligatory massive screenshot:

embed

Soldato
does the game support wheels and pedals?
Hmm I don't believe so unless there's a mod.

Finished it on the PS5 recently...endgame resource requirements are rather unbalanced and there are zero indications the developer is even going to bother with gameplay tweaks right now so I cba grinding to get the best endgame car panels. Great game overall, but it needs more variation towards the end as the general progression formula is the same throughout.

Also runs like total turd for what it is.

Soldato
Picked it up after seeing the worth a buy review, i dunno what it is about me but as i get older im really struggling to "get into" any games. This has everything that would appeal to me but i just cant motivate myself to sit down for a proper session. Ive done the first couple of trips and enjoyed what ive played so hopefully ill get fully immersed.

Bought this around the same time as last epoch and have barely played either, really is quite sad that i dont have that must play feeling with games at the moment. Might need to shake it up and try something outside my normal genre

I'm 100% the same, usually takes me a few attempts even with titles I've gone on to love; RDR2 and God of War to name just a couple.

I've actually gone back to games I used to play in the early 2000s recently and I do find a complete change of pace helpful so its worth a go!

This has been on my radar for a while but I'm still undecided and the save system is one of my concerns. Might just wait to see if it ends up heavily discounted at some point as it being on Game Pass seems very unlikely.

Soldato
Picked this up yesterday after watching a couple of Mighty Jingles YT videos on it.

Only one run into it and I’m enjoying the vibe so far. Using a controller as I usually do with driving games as I CBA’d to see if TrackIR would work for looking around when driving when using keyboard and mouse.

Soldato
Still playing this, it's got so many elements that makes a great game.

The tension of being out of the car when looking for resources, the sounds of the woods, the darkness, fog etc. Feeling safe in your car when you get in it when it's pouring down with rain :). Blasting through the woods, "threading the needle" between the trees when trying to get to the teleport point in time and in one piece. Great stuff.

embed

Back
Top Bottom