Paddock stand ZX6R

Soldato
Hi all

I have a 97 ZX6R what stand in particular / bits will allow me to elevate the bike to start to get to know the bike better / oil chain etc.

Complete newbie

Soldato
I'm not sure if it's too old to have as an option but if you look on the swingarm, next to where the chain nut is, do you see a small threaded hole on either side?

Soldato
Abba stand for lubing the chain is a waste of money, a normal stand of ebay with the flat bits is more than enough for that. lol

e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warrior-R...dock-Stand-Track-Day-Garage-Pit-/371169071935

If all you're going to do is lube the chain and remove a wheel then yes it's not necessary (don't buy the version you've linked to though, wobbly rubbish, pick up one of the aluminium box section versions they're solid)

The abba stands allow you to remove wheel, shock and with a pair of £20 adaptors the swingarm too. The front lift arm will allow you to remove front wheel, forks, yokes too. You can strip the bike down to just it's frame using an abba stand.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
If all you're going to do is lube the chain and remove a wheel then yes it's not necessary (don't buy the version you've linked to though, wobbly rubbish, pick up one of the aluminium box section versions they're solid)

The abba stands allow you to remove wheel, shock and with a pair of £20 adaptors the swingarm too. The front lift arm will allow you to remove front wheel, forks, yokes too. You can strip the bike down to just it's frame using an abba stand.
True, for heavier bikes it ain't great, my bent under SV's weight once when I was putting it on uneven ground. It was scary and dodgy...

Just get an Abba, if it'll be time that you want to sell it. I'll buy it of you... :p

Soldato
I've always thought they were quite overpriced for what you get. Just compare the (lack of) complexity of the construction to a set of paddock stands.
Yup, they're pretty much made out of bits that I would have made in my resistant materials classes back in the day :D

Abba stands area faff compared to a traditional paddock stand or compared to a strongarm but what they lack in convenience they make up for the fact they are a universal stand and lift the front as well as the back.

Soldato
Depends on the paddock stand I have come across some crap in my time the abba stand may be a little over priced but build quality is adequate and consistent.

Soldato
Depends on the paddock stand I have come across some crap in my time the abba stand may be a little over priced but build quality is adequate and consistent.
Yeah generally I'm comparing it to quality paddock stands. As you say, the £40 ebay specials can be terrible :p

Back
Top Bottom