Paddy Lowe

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

So not gone then?

Sounds like he’s taken time off for whatever reason which is probably good as the team is doing a good job at imploding. I imagine there will be lots of fingers pointed when they pull up at the rear again this year.

Could be someone in his immediate family has been taken ill for all we know. A bit hasty to say he’s been sacked? :confused:

Soldato
So not gone then?

Sounds like he’s taken time off for whatever reason which is probably good as the team is doing a good job at imploding. I imagine there will be lots of fingers pointed when they pull up at the rear again this year.
He's gone.

Leaving for 'personal reasons' is the same as 'gardening leave'. They want him out, but he's got a contract. So they're paying him to stay at home until the contract expires and he can go find another job elsewhere.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He's gone.

Leaving for 'personal reasons' is the same as 'gardening leave'. They want him out, but he's got a contract. So they're paying him to stay at home until the contract expires and he can go find another job elsewhere.
I don't dispute what gardening leave is, but everything I've read is that he's "taken a leave of absence" not that he's "left for personal reasons".

Soldato
I think that's the step that people would normally take before leaving for personal reasons. Reasons that normally get resolved shortly after the notice period in their severance agreement expires.

It is a pity really, he's clearly had great success in the past. But I wonder if some of the older talented engineers and managers struggle to deal with a very different F1 today. Fa more structure and order is required, as the teams and resources they draw on are significantly larger and need to be far more cooperative and interdependent in order to be successful. It stands to reason that not everyone will be able to adapt, but I'm just speculating really - I've no idea if this applies to Lowe or not. He clearly managed his responsibilities well at Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom