Paedophile Richard Huckle stabbed to death at Full Sutton Prison

Caporegime
Richard Huckle—the infamous 'gap year paedophile'—has received a sharp dose of prison justice.

Richard Huckle, 33, from Ashford, Kent, abused as many as 200 children. In 2016, he was given 22 life sentences after admitting 71 charges of sex abuse of children aged between six months and 12 years, between 2006 and 2014.

...Huckle's trial at the Old Bailey in 2016 heard that investigators who checked his computer found more than 20,000 indecent pictures and videos of his assaults. These were shared with paedophiles worldwide through a hidden website on the so-called dark web.

Huckle, who worked as a freelance photographer, tried to make a business out of his abuse by crowd-funding the release of the images. He was compiling a paedophile's manual at the time of his arrest in 2014.

...He presented himself as a practising Christian and first visited Malaysia on a teaching gap year when he was 18 or 19. He went on to groom children while doing voluntary work.

In online posts, Huckle had bragged: "Impoverished kids are definitely much easier to seduce than middle-class Western kids."

Commenting on one of his victims, he boasted: "I'd hit the jackpot, a 3yo girl as loyal to me as my dog and nobody seemed to care."

(Source).

Full Sutton is a maximum security prison for Category B offenders. I am frankly surprised he wasn't in solitary.

Soldato
Richard Huckle—the infamous 'gap year paedophile'—has received a sharp dose of prison justice.

Full Sutton is a maximum security prison for Category B offenders. I am frankly surprised he wasn't in solitary.

In two minds whether to comment as it might be nicer to just ignore his existence. However as I'm here, it's clearly some sort of major screw up by the prison service, but then we are always hearing how stretched they are and doubtless someone just got a big boost to their prison rep by taking him out. Murder is wrong, but if there were candidates for the "won't be missed" by the rest of humanity category then someone with his record would seem to be right at the top of the list.

Soldato
On the one hand it's basically impossible to stop someone with a mind to do something without extreme interference.

On the other, it's supposedly a highest security prison and it doesn't even sound like they're aware who it was that manually killed the guy with a knife.

Whatever. Squash together known violent and dangerous people with zero purpose or future just to say that we're not deliberately killing them.

Caporegime
Good.
I can think about a million better uses of taxes than feed the vermin.

So you hate justice then? What if it was found that this person didn't actually commit any of the crimes (I'm not saying he did or didn't, i assume he did considering his charges, doesn't mean it's infallible, you have to trust the judiciary and police, not first hand), would you find that acceptable?

If the answer is no...

Associate
Plot for new film

guy travels to Thailand in gap year, pedals some weed to fund travels. Gang boss ups the ante asking him to smuggle heroine. Declines, runs away looking for a way to get home. Gets home and is arrested at the airport.....

film name... don’t pedal weed to fund gap year.

Permabanned
Why should you have to pay 40k a year though to keep someone away from 3 year olds because people are mugs. We should tear down prisons and after Brexit, Britain could become a model for justice.

Use an overseas territory as a giant island prison, Send all the people there unfit for community sentences or fines and basically it will be a death sentance. If you do not and can not be part of society you should be forced to live outside society at your own cost. But billing the rest of society? How much a year is actually wasted?

And with that money plus the actual land and buildings owned by the prisons what could you do? Demolish for housing? Used for other purposes? Hospitals? With a mindset like this there is no way we will ever slim and pay off the debt. And if justice is so soft the chances are crime and prison populations will only increase. Mind you there are also people out there making money off prison too via private services. Our justice is actually laughable when you think about it. For example in cases of rape many times the baby has been given a death sentance while the rapist has eventually been allowed out of prison. Thus encouraging more of the same when if you had hard justice as a detterant a lot of these crimes might never happen.

Back
Top Bottom