Paint Scuff - cheap to fix?

Associate
Hi all,

Just been looking at a Megane as a replacement for my brother's Almera which he worte off. Managed to get a very good deal on the car, but there's only 1 hitch. There are three scuffs on the right side of the body (one on drivers door, one on quater panel and one on bumper) where the car was reversed and scraped a white bollard.

The paintwork doesn't appear to be damaged on the car, but the white of the bollard has been transfered onto the car. How much does this cost to put right, is it a cheap fix or does it normally require panel spraying? The car is bright red and non metalic.

Thanks for any help! :)

Associate
I'd go with clay first. It will not damage the paint at all.

If that doesn't work, maybe try t-cut.

If that doesn't work, seek profesional advice. There's only so much you can do without being a pro. It's not worth the risk of damaging the paint any further.

Clay is a good start though, I have been surprised as to what it has pulled off my paint work, including some sort or scrape (white) on my bump strip this weekend. I was gutted when I saw it, but it came right off!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice guys, doesn't sound like it should be too difficult. How abrasive is T-Cut then? Is there a real risk of heavily damaging the exisitng paintwork? Ive never needed to use it before, so it will be new to me.

Back
Top Bottom