paintballing

Soldato
hey, im going paintballing for the first time tomorrow,everyone else im going with has been before! Anyadvice? Apparently we get to wear overalls over our clothes,however is it worth putting a jumper or anything on underneath

Associate
I've been twice, wore jeans and a thickish t-shirt both times.

The first time we went it was just us lot and we were all rubbish so didn't get hit much. The next time we were up agaisnt people with there own guns. They destroyed us apart from in one game were we ran to the castle faster and camped!

I had about 35 large red marks on me

Soldato
It's gonna hurt anyway, unless you have a really thick top, so you might as well stick something fairly light on. At least it only hurts once per game, whereas being hot and sticky will affect your whole day.
Plus you get some impressive war wounds for female sympathy/showing off.

uv

uv

Soldato
think i will go t-shirt and thin hoody rather than one thick jumper.

they'll also provide some camo.. last time I went, I wore two thin t-shirts, and with the camo gear I was uncomfortably hot..

I'd just go for one item of clothing rather than two.. layers make you hotter :)

Associate
It's gonna hurt anyway, unless you have a really thick top, so you might as well stick something fairly light on. At least it only hurts once per game, whereas being hot and sticky will affect your whole day.
Plus you get some impressive war wounds for female sympathy/showing off.

Once per game!

Thats the idea, you get shot, stick your hands up and walk to the dead zone, in reality, you get shot, stick your hands up, everyone see's you so shoots without thinking!

Soldato
Once per game!

Thats the idea, you get shot, stick your hands up and walk to the dead zone, in reality, you get shot, stick your hands up, everyone see's you so shoots without thinking!

True :) Also first time I went was my stag do, so the last round ('Hunt the Stag' or 'Use up all your paintballs') hurt.

Man of Honour
It stings pretty briefly when you get hit, you probably won't notice all that much with the adrenaline pumping about your system although you might well notice the bruises afterwards. I'd suggest wearing something oldish that you don't care too much about as the chances are good that the coveralls won't do their job 100% and you'll end up with either paint or mud through them. Jeans will take a fair bit of the sting out of it but don't wear drainpipe jeans (I don't know if you do anyway) because I'd imagine you'll struggle to run and something tight will not mask the sting as well, as for the top something fairly light but if it has a collar to cover some of your neck then so much the better.

Associate
Aye, more padding will obviously mean less bruising, but you're going to get extremely hot even in cold weather.

My advice is just wear jeans, t-shirt underneath the overalls (these should be provided to you).

If you have a thin hoody, wear that aswell under the overalls and you can pull the hood over your head, then pull the goggles over your hoody (stray paintball to the back of the head is killer):

n631940429_2150225_6866.jpg

Associate
If you're wanting game advice I would say don't be scared to advance, the amount of people you see sat behind something at the back of the fields because they're too scared to risk getting hit...Grrr! Grow some balls, yes you'll take the odd early exit, but you'll also help win games

Soldato
When i went i got shot in the temple. From about 2 metres away.. through a hole in the side of my helmet

The elastic on the goggles went around the head and covered these holes... my elastic was twisted and in the most unlucky attack on me ever, my mate shot through the hole and it hit my head.

I had a lump sticking out the side of my head . it hurt... a lot! lol

Soldato
Went paintballing in NY when i was there a couple of weeks ago. It was an indoor centre and there was none of this hit once and your out stuff. You're only out if you can't take the pain anymore :D

The worst is when there's only two of you left and neither of you will give in. Eventually you both come out of hiding and it ends with both players emptying their guns at point blank. Got some nice bruises :p

Zip

Zip

Soldato
think i will go t-shirt and thin hoody rather than one thick jumper.

No jumper at all is best.

Otherwise you will cook.

Also if there are a few people that are ****s keep an eye on them as you are walking off the field if you have been shot, the will shoot you in the back otherwise.:(

You should be good at it too with your RAF training:D

Back
Top Bottom