Pan sets, anyone used these?

Soldato
Hey folks, looking at upgrading our pans, they have seen better days and wanted to change them to ones that are suitable for the oven as well as the hob (gas hob).

Was pretty much set on the 'Circulon Ultimum' until I saw they do not have glass lids, then I started reading up on ProCook, these in particular;

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-elite-triply-saucepan-set-4-piece-web

Also saw these in John Lewis, called 'Eaziglide'

https://www.johnlewis.com/eaziglide-neverstick2-3-piece-saucepan-set/p2185190

They felt good, but the brand I was not so sure of...

Does anyone have any of the above pans?

Associate
Have some procooks, albeit from the cheaper range of "Gourmet";

https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-gourmet-steel-cookware-set-6-piece

I have had them for 5 years now and have to say they are pretty fantastic.

The frying pan I've used most frequently from all and the non-stick coating is still top notch. I wish I could say the same for my Fischer grill pan (got it through Tesco stickers), which although I've had it for less and use it much less frequently, the coating is starting to come off.

I've also had the casserole lid break in the oven once (must have had a defect which combined with the heat resulted in it breaking), and Procook just sent another lid immediately.

I highly rate them and recommend them.

Soldato
The 'free' Santoku knife does not make the procook seem like a high quality product.
also not sure about the benfit of non-stick, other than for a frying pan, stainless have always worked for me, and in the few cases a pan has boiled dry the non-stick would be destroyed I imagine.

I have a couple of delta requirements on new pans now
- heavy'ish tightly fitting lids that allow use as a steamer, for vegetables - lighter lids just dance.
- Ability to stack the pans, with lids inverted.

Associate
I have this range Pro cook professional and can really recommend. I can only assume their other stainless steel is the same. Had them about 4 years now (used pretty much every day, heavily at weekends), switching over from non-stick, and I wouldn't go back.

So the only things I haven't got are the non-stick fry pans (I use cast iron, stainless steel or de buyer), but he pans, stock pots, steamers are all top notch.

Soldato
OP
Interesting replies guys thank you, I have had a look at the Professional range, they look more than adequate, we have a shop fairly close so going to check them out!

Soldato
Possibly a bit late to this, but I'll add a recommendation for the Procook as well. We have a set of non-stick elite that must be 15 years old now and its all still going strong. We've always washed them by hand as they have some rubberized material on the handles which I don't think was dishwasher safe. Looking on the website I see the handles on the current range look different and they are dishwasher safe now.

Not sure where in the UK you are located, but we got them in their outlet store in cheshire oaks, Ellesmere port. Must have been discounted price as I'd never had coughed up the list price they show.

I should also add that we've been very anal and only ever use plastic or wood utensils with them. Metal spoons were banned.

Soldato
I should also add that we've been very anal and only ever use plastic or wood utensils with them. Metal spoons were banned.
what about metal (hoop/std) whisks ?
that is the only metal implement I use in stainless pans, and, over the years can see the imprint on the pan,
I would hope non-stick can withstand them (plastic whisks are useless)

Soldato
what about metal (hoop/std) whisks ?
that is the only metal implement I use in stainless pans, and, over the years can see the imprint on the pan,
I would hope non-stick can withstand them (plastic whisks are useless)

Can't really comment here as the pan I use for sauces, gravy etc isn't a procook as ours don't have pouring lips. We've had 2 or 3 cheap ones in the same time for that job and chuck them once they get to be a pain to clean. With the procooks I reckon you'd be fine unless really digging at any stuck bits in the edges with the whisk.

I can't say we've absolutely never ever used metal implements but I am 100% sure we've never put them in the dishwasher as the handles are the reminder not to do it. I think that would do much more damage to the non-stick than the occasional lapse with a metal spoon.

Back
Top Bottom