Pandemic 2.0?

Soldato
Says the man now preferring to reside in Stoke on Trent... ;)

I admit I have never been to Nigeria, but I have had plenty of quite remarkable, out of the blue, investment offers from the people there.

Friend of mine used to do overseas charity work all over Africa, she said Lagos was particularly bad, wasn't uncommon to see dead human bodies on the street.

She was put up at a house, which was attacked by a group of people who started shooting at the house and apparently the bullets were going through the walls, no one injured fortunately but scary stuff.

Caporegime
I think reading into something that wasn't there is what you did in reply to my quesiton tbh...it seemed like a pretty logical question to ask re: a stat like this esepcially when individual risk re: pandemic stuff can be hyped a bit. I don't see why that's odd.
It's odd because it has nothing to do with the point I was making about how the risk may be portrayed in different ways. Anyway, carry on if you wish but I've finished Dowie holing for today and have come up for fresh air.

Caporegime
It's odd because it has nothing to do with the point I was making about how the risk may be portrayed in different ways. Anyway, carry on if you wish but I've finished Dowie holing for today and have come up for fresh air.

It was directly related to it - it was an obvious question about the stat you posted, I've got no idea why you decided to be funny about it.

"What’s that based on out of interest, deaths in Africa? Deaths in Western countries?"

If you didn't know then you could have just said "I don't know". What was the point of "I'm not sure you ever ask a question just out of interest." when the interest should be pretty apparent as it seemed, at least to me, to be an obvious question to ask.

Caporegime
Well no because this isn't Covid. More like Smallpox apparently! Still, if it does take off at least the anti vaxxers will be easier to spot with this. :p

True, might well get people more keen to take the vaccine with this one to be fair though (if it were to mutate & spread - which doesn't seem too likely... yet).

Another angle to it is that it seems to have mostly affected men in the West... will we get the opposite media reaction to how they behaved in the 80s if that is an indication of the obivous?

Caporegime
What does that mean?

It's Chris Wilson... I mean maybe a minority do but I suspect most just go to the supermarket/local shop like anyone else.

This whole story seems to have some obvious culture war elements if it carries on spreading - a disease coming out of Africa, gay men in clubs, saunas catching/spreading it etc.

Caporegime
It was directly related to it - it was an obvious question about the stat you posted, I've got no idea why you decided to be funny about it.

"What’s that based on out of interest, deaths in Africa? Deaths in Western countries?"

If you didn't know then you could have just said "I don't know". What was the point of "I'm not sure you ever ask a question just out of interest." when the interest should be pretty apparent as it seemed, at least to me, to be an obvious question to ask.
The stat was quoted from the OP responding to a particular point made by the OP. That is all.

Come up and enjoy the fresh air, you might like it.

Caporegime
The stat was quoted from the OP responding to a particular point made by the OP. That is all.

Come up and enjoy the fresh air, you might like it.

I really don't know why you're being so arsey about what was a perfectly reasonable question tbh. If that was all you could have just said that instead of throwing in snide comments etc..

Caporegime
Well, there are Russian troops in the Congo, though the UK cases seem to have come from Nigeria AFAIK.

Also (AFAIK) the Nigerian strain(?) seems to have a much lower case fatality ratio.

Caporegime
Yup for sure, though (touch wood) high transmission hasn't been the case for this one so far... seems to be droplets and "intimate" contact, etc.. rather than airborne spread as per Covid.

Back
Top Bottom