• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

parallel processors 64 core !

Associate
Hello this is a thread for anyone wishing to debate over parallel chips and any use we can get out of it as pc enthusiasts.Parallel chips is something i've just discovered myself so i'm still looking it up.The jist of it so far is, i could pay 100 dollars for a board with 2 ARM-A9 cores and 16 Epiphany cores on it, also comes with unbuntu. The peeps making these things are doing it as an open source project and are using these funds 'apparently' to make a 64 core for 2013.Some time way down the line they wish to bring some kind of supercomputer size of a credit card that runs at 4 watts for 99 dollars................:eek:

Associate
I've used computer programmes that have been custom built to run on the worlds largest super computers - I also have a pretty good understanding of how to programme in that environment and its not easy! There is definitely going to be a limit to how well we can allow consumer programmes to use more cores, quite simply our minds are not designed to think in parallel so its very hard for us to do so!

Back
Top Bottom