Parallels or Boot Camp ?

Av8

Av8

Associate
Hi All,

Well i've been using Parallels for my Vista install, and just looking into whether Boot Camp would be better in anyway. Does it use less space on my hard drive for example? Is it a better program to use Vista/XP etc?

If anyone has any opinions, i'd be greatful for them.

Thanks

Av8 ;)

ps could i just delete parallels from my system without any problems etc?

Associate
Parallels is slightly different I believe in that allows you to run Windows alongside OSX on the Mac in a virtual, Bootcamp is allows you too boot into Windows OR OSX.

Soldato
Parallels uses a lot of RAM as it is a virtual environment.

I recommend using Bootcamp so you can natively log into Windows.

Soldato
For small things like word processing etc, Parallels is handy and quite neat. For anything more processor and RAM hungry I would go with bootcamp.

Av8

Av8

Associate
OP
Thanks guy's, i think i may go the Boot Camp way. Can i just delete parallels then, from applications straight to the trash ? Will that re-allocate my hard drive the space required for Boot Camp ?

Thanks for the advice, i'm still a newb when it comes to macs as such :D

Soldato
Thanks guy's, i think i may go the Boot Camp way. Can i just delete parallels then, from applications straight to the trash ? Will that re-allocate my hard drive the space required for Boot Camp ?

Thanks for the advice, i'm still a newb when it comes to macs as such :D

That will do the trick. ;)

Dont worry mate, ask questions.

Soldato
I have Parallels setup as it suits me for what running TVersity so I can stream DI to my 360. :p

If Connect360 did this however...

Associate
I am using Parallels and VM Fusion. You need to allocate a decent amount of RAM to Windows (I have XP Pro) - at least 512Mb.

Not tried Bootcamp yet, although it is now part of Leopard (which I have).

Back
Top Bottom