Parasyte a.k.a Need More Tentacles?

Soldato
I saw this the other day and it looked great. I think they really do struggle with doing body horror anime in live action justice but that looks pretty spot on. We will however see when the movie is released.

Associate
Oh wow. I read the manga back when I was like 13/14, and was surprised it got a sudden anime adaptation a few years back. I'm shocked again that it's getting a live action adaptation, but I've always liked the story, so will definitely check this out.

-edit- Oh, it's not a straight live action adaptation of the original, it's like a spinoff/side story set in Korea. No Migi then I guess :(

Last edited:
Associate
The manga/comic original is excellent and actually a lot more subtle and restrained than you might think despite the horror tentacles trope.

Seeing this is a side story I'm not quite as interested, but it's definitely worth seeking out the comic which has some similar elements to the movie The Thing.

Soldato
Did first 2 episodes last night, they do a good job in the first episode that if you've never watched the anime you'll get the story pretty quick.

Visuals look well though I wonder how much the actors started laughing from having to do circles throwing their heads around.

Soldato
Finished it last night, it was decent not as good as the anime but for it's own story based off the Magna is worth a watch, hopefully gets another season as 6 episodes is short for Korean stuff they are usually 16 episodes.

Back
Top Bottom