Parking at Gatwick/Amount of time to leave before flight departs

Soldato
Through my travel agent I have got my parking at Gatwick sorted (PurpleParking), however, it says the parking is valid from 1pm. My boarding pass says the gate closes at 3pm.

Buses come every 20 minutes, with the exact schedule being 1pm, 1:20pm, 1:40pm etc... My questions are:
  1. If my parking starts at 1pm, will it be a problem if I show up at say 12:45pm to get the car in an arrival bay, drop the keys off etc? Or does that mean I shouldn't even contemplate entering before 1pm? If I can, it'll mean I should be able to catch the 1:20pm bus.
  2. Isn't parking arranged to start at 1pm a bit too late for a flight whose gate closes at 3pm? Assuming I get the 1:20pm (1:40pm worst case), that would get me to the airport for 1:30pm/1:50pm which only give me 1.5 hours/1.2 hours to check in, go through security and board.
The website itself says give 45 minutes to allow for dropping keys off and transferring, so that could even mean getting the 2pm bus. I'm convinced I should try and ring the travel agent up to get the parking moved forward to 12pm, am I just worrying too much?

Caporegime
Either don't worry or phone the travel agent, who'll most likely tell you the same thing. But it's a 5 minute phone call to reduce travelling stress.

Soldato
as a slight diverdion, i have no issue parking at airports but there's no fricking way i'd leave the keys w/ anyone. take a photo of your odometer before you leave.

Soldato
as a slight diverdion, i have no issue parking at airports but there's no fricking way i'd leave the keys w/ anyone. take a photo of your odometer before you leave.

Depends what you drive really. They've probably got upwards of 1k cars on site at some of these places, and you'll no doubt have some people with 6-figure cars who are leaving them there anyway. So for most of Joe public, they're probably not interested.

Soldato
OP
I'm going to take photos of the entire car and will include a photo of the odometer now that you mention it. I have heard horror stories but I'm crossing my fingers that it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom