Parp to lots of people

Soldato
I'm not sure if we are using the RAC ratings or the overall rankings any more but suffice to say that if you were only just above me, I've stomped you in RAC and will be overtaking you soon in overall ratings. Folding has started to bore me with just not enough points for the effort the pc needs to make to complete the units so it's back to SETI. BOINC seems to be stable now.

I've added predictor as 1% resource share but it seems to be getting more than thet, what settings do I need for predictor to switch in when SETI is out of work?

PAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRP

HT

Associate
Nice Parpage sah, as for settings, I can only think off the manual way of doing it and thats set predictor to not get any new work from the projects tab in boinc abd change that to get work when seti is out, but if you run with say a 5 day seti cache then I can't remember the last time I ran out of seti work with seti.

Babyface UK

Man of Honour
Go techie, go techie, go!

Good to see you back where you belong mate. I don't actually find any big difference to the feel of running boinc to running seti@classic. Not on a day to day basis.

I actually think all the things we used to do like compos and dragraces and stuff would still be valid today.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I will be taking your place in folding fairly soon.

I used to enjoy SETI BOINC but I feel that there are more potential benefits from F@H as a scientific project - that's not to say that I wouldn't return to BOINC at some point. I will probably look at the BOINC Folding when it goes public, I may even switch one machine over to SETI just for old time's sake.

Stan :)

PS: Your sig is too big, you need to remove the team name IIRC, to make it conform to Forum rules - quickly before Berserker catches you ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
cheers all, so what do people countnow a days RAC or cobblestones?

it used to be all so easy, submit one wu get one wu worth of credit....

Biffa, it's nice to be back, I'll have to see how far up the rankings I can get. A team comp or drag race could be a laugh, the difficulty is that you never know when a result will be validated. I had results trickling in for 8 months or so after I stopped crunching.

Bigstan I will go back to folding but having a machine crunch for 3 days and to only get 200 or so points back is just silly. The memory requirements of some of the work uits is ridiculous as well. Asking a desktop user to have a SPARE 500Mb of RAM is silly. I can't compile at a resonable speed when I'm folding so it had to go. SETI will be fun for a while at least ;)

HT

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
happytechie said:
Bigstan I will go back to folding but having a machine crunch for 3 days and to only get 200 or so points back is just silly. The memory requirements of some of the work uits is ridiculous as well. Asking a desktop user to have a SPARE 500Mb of RAM is silly. I can't compile at a resonable speed when I'm folding so it had to go. SETI will be fun for a while at least ;)
HT

I know what you mean mate, it can be very frustrating. If Folding@BOINC is any sense I will transfer over to that when it goes public.

Have fun with ET :)

Stan :)

Back
Top Bottom