• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Passing adia64 failing occt

Associate
Hi guy i have a i5 4670 that i have overclocked to 4.6 and when i test it the cpu will be fine on adia64 and realbench never going over 75c avages 65ish but on occt it will fail with in 5 minutes hitting high 80s -90s. On p95 it fails and hits high 90s. im am in the middle of using it as i normally would see how it stands up but id like to hear what you guys think should i ignore p95 and occt ?

Associate
OP
Its delied and i have a h100i at max it uses 1.3v it only hits them high temps on occt and p95. What i did notice is that when im using occt and prime the cpu uses 130-140 watts where with realbench and aida64 its around 95w

Soldato
I don't bother using AIDA64 bench anymore, every CPU ive ever run it on could pass the test in its sleep then the second I run Prime or IBT it would crash, simply it mean you are not stable, I wouldnt pass my computer on the tests you have run, successful Prime95 run is a must for me, and then some.

If its de-lidded, with those temps, you need to remove the top and re-apply some liquid ultra or something like that, then remount your water block, those temps arnt right for that little voltage.

Soldato
Its delied and i have a h100i at max it uses 1.3v it only hits them high temps on occt and p95. What i did notice is that when im using occt and prime the cpu uses 130-140 watts where with realbench and aida64 its around 95w

Is your cooler OK? I'm running a 8700k and even at 5.1ghz with 1.37v on that same cooler I dont hit that temp under OCCT

Soldato
Because you're using a closed loop cooler, the vrms might not be getting adequate air flow.

And/or your board may not have a good amount vrm power phases and a good enough heatsink on them.

Also, using avx instructions to stress test the CPU is overkill for most people's usage. Try prime95 26.6

Associate
OP
Is your cooler OK? I'm running a 8700k and even at 5.1ghz with 1.37v on that same cooler I dont hit that temp under OCCT
much newer cpu should run cooler shouldn't it iv fond the reason for the temps i had cpu volt set to 1.27 max adaptive and for some reason it was giving the cpu up to 1.37 volt i know it used a little more then i set. when its on adaptive i thought it was going to 1.3 guess i was totally wrong.
i have it using 1.3 at max temps dont go over 83c on inrel burn but fails so i gess i have some work to do yet
Because you're using a closed loop cooler, the vrms might not be getting adequate air flow.

And/or your board may not have a good amount vrm power phases and a good enough heatsink on them.

Also, using avx instructions to stress test the CPU is overkill for most people's usage. Try prime95 26.6
ill give it a go. The vrms should have plenty of air flow with the case fans

Last edited:
Soldato
much newer cpu should run cooler shouldn't it iv fond the reason for the temps i had cpu volt set to 1.27 max adaptive and for some reason it was giving the cpu up to 1.37 volt i know it used a little more then i set. when its on adaptive i thought it was going to 1.3 guess i was totally wrong.
i have it using 1.3 at max temps dont go over 83c on inrel burn but fails so i gess i have some work to do yet
ill give it a go

That sounds more reasonable. Refinements should allow it to run cooler but this is a 12 thread vs a 4 thread so mine would be hotter.
85c in stress testing is fine, games wont get anywhere neat that.

Associate
if it fails occt and p95 then you need more vcore, since the temps are getting rather high you dont have any headroom on your cooling to give it more voltage, so you'll need to drop the clockspeed to get stability.

Associate
OP
if it fails occt and p95 then you need more vcore, since the temps are getting rather high you dont have any headroom on your cooling to give it more voltage, so you'll need to drop the clockspeed to get stability.
yeah i can get it stable at 4.3 just with it passing adia64 at 4.7 i thought i may nealy be there

Soldato
If it fails occt or p95 but passes everything else then you're probably fine. Unless you know you're gonna be using your computer for similar things.

I run my CPU at 1.2v and it passes 8 hours of realbench, and 4 months of gaming + streaming. It'll fail OCCT or P95 within seconds. If I raise vcore to 1.3v it'll pass them but what's the point? It's just extra heat and voltage for applications I never use.

Back
Top Bottom