Password managers! (Fed up of lastpass!)

Associate
Same. I should probably see what’s around now as have been using for years, it’s always been solid.

Took a while to get the Mrs on it and find sharing certain accounts like online groceries really great.
Each time I renew it I do tell myself I should look at alternatives.. I even get 1Password free from work but it just feels like effort to swap

Soldato
Each time I renew it I do tell myself I should look at alternatives.. I even get 1Password free from work but it just feels like effort to swap
That's the thing, it's easier to renew than to change over or look around so you think I'll do it later and later never comes

Sgarrista
Commissario
Proton Pass Updates!

1. Proton Pass Plus is now $1.99/month for the yearly plan instead of $3.99/month
  2. Can now pin or bookmark items you use frequently, like bank cards, or notes you need, like a grocery list.
  3. Can now edit and remove items in bulk, making it easier to manage hundreds of items.
  4. Numerous improvements to the autofill feature, app performance, and overall app stability, along with bug fixes.

Coming Soon Tm:​

1. Desktop apps: Proton Pass apps for Windows, macOS, and Linux will provide better offline support and integration with your operating system.
  2. Unlock with biometrics on web and desktop apps: You’ll be able to unlock Proton Pass with your fingerprint or other types of biometric authentication as an alternative to PIN codes.
  3. Item history or versioning: You’ll be able to review past versions and modifications of an item and restore old versions. This feature is especially useful if you want to see previously used passwords or review changes in notes.

lcg

lcg

Associate
I also moved from LastPass to BitWarden free edition a few years back. It was a seamless transition and I've never had any issues.

Associate
I use 1Password, does the trick for me where I can have SSH keys loaded directly into terminals etc and extensions work great.

1Password uses a unique key for every account that is also required for logging in, and I also tie that with 2FA Security Key.

Associate
i have used Lastpass since god know's when, but begining of this year i finally made the move to self host vaultwarden on my synology nas got to say i am lovin the move and it works well

Soldato
Like many others here I switched from Lastpass to Bitwarden a few years back. Premium is very fairly priced for sharing and yubikey support. I know it's "free" with Vaultwarden (used it to demo the enterprise features at work) but I think it's worth giving the Devs something to maintain the infrastructure and add features :)

Soldato
Bitwarden here, but I actually self-host vaultwarden, which is a back-end server for Bitwarden which you can self host. Much better to keep that sort of thing in your own hands. It reduces your 'attack surface' massively. Your passwords don't need to be online at all - it actually works really well set up on a Raspberry Pi, then when I'm at home, it'll sync because it's available on my local network with no remote access. I can still access passwords on my phone while out and about, which is handy as the vault syncs down to your phone.

Soldato

Soldato
Im getting pretty fed up with using NORD pass.

I open the app on my samsung pad and it asks me to log on..

I log on then it opens a web page for me to log on...

I then sometimes get asked to authenticate....

It then passes me back to the app where im again asked for my password.

WT**** SMASHES PAD.

Associate
1Password here, been using it for nearly 10 years and couldn't do without it along with Authy for OTP. The desktop and mobile app are clean and easy to use, the browser add-in works, although I do get a little annoyed that the 1P prompt can cover fields when you're trying to type in an address or something as it tries to treat them like a password field.

Back
Top Bottom