• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pat gets salty, says Intel should be the one dominating the AI market, not Nvidia

Soldato
In an interview Intels CEO stated that Jensen just got lucky and that Intel should be the one leading the AI market if Intel didn't cancel his GPU designs 13 years ago. Pat went on to say Nvidia didn't support his AI projects and ideas back then and now they've jumped on and just got lucky

Caporegime
image.png

Soldato
OP
So was he pushed out of intel the first time or did he leave? The article kinda flip flops on that point.

To quote Pat, he says he was pushed out

"When I was pushed out of Intel 13 years ago, they killed the Larabee GPU project that would have changed the shape of AI"

Last edited:
Soldato
To quote Pat, he says he was pushed out

"When I was pushed out of Intel 13 years ago, they killed the Larabee GPU project that would have changed the shape of AI"
Paul Otellini was the worst Intel CEO made bad decision to killed off Larabee GPU.

Had he not killed the project then Intel would launched first consumer Larabee GPUs with ray tracing around 8 years before Nvidia did with Volta.

Associate
I like Pat a lot, and his take isn't stupid. He's taking very tough decisions to try and get intel functioning, after a pretty nasty hospital pass.

What did he say: Intel had a product that would have been competitive in the GPGPU space, but it was killed with a lot of other promising technology to appease the bean counters and share holders. There's no doubt NVidia would have likely been the best in this space regardless, but it might have meant some competition or a duopoly.

Kinda hilarious Intel and their shareholders they killed the long-term value of their company to make a (very) short term gain, and are now probably blaming their own horrible selection of CEO & board of directors.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In an interview Intels CEO stated that Jensen just got lucky and that Intel should be the one leading the AI market if Intel didn't cancel his GPU designs 13 years ago. Pat went on to say Nvidia didn't support his AI projects and ideas back then and now they've jumped on and just got lucky

Good Grief.... i don't like Nvidia's monopoly any more than he does, i have some sympathy with him in that regard, but He and Intel need to stop complaining about not being in "their rightful place" just abut everyone, Nvidia, AMD, Apple, ARM...... is pushing Intel's face in to the dirt and stealing thier lunch money. Luck is not to blame for any of it, its just Intel, they are not as good as they think they are, they are in their rightful place.

Pat, Intel.... everyone else is just better than you. Get Good.

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMD got in to the AI game after even Intel.

They just launched the worlds most powerful AI GPU.

Microsoft, Meta, Orakle and many others have signed up to use them, analysts predict AMD revenue will grow significantly due to its AI business in 2024.

How about that Pat? Late to the party but already establishing its self as a serious contender in AI, perhaps even the primary competitor to Nvidia, also luck? No, just good engineering and rapid execution of it.

Just like Nvidia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom