Path of Exile 2

Soldato
Official livestream: Timestamps in comments.

Zizaran playthrough act 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The latest trailer looks incredible, high hopes for this release. :)

It's probably not coming until Q4 next year (best guess) which gives them a very long time to work on it, plus the beta, so it should be polished at launch. It's definitely a proper sequel, though not a totally new game. I can see why they have decided to run two games, but that brings the issue of working on two games and balancing them. Gonna need more manpower.

Soldato
It's probably not coming until Q4 next year (best guess) which gives them a very long time to work on it, plus the beta, so it should be polished at launch. It's definitely a proper sequel, though not a totally new game. I can see why they have decided to run two games, but that brings the issue of working on two games and balancing them. Gonna need more manpower.

Everyone will be playing it on the 7th June, from experience with PoE and their closed beta tests, anyone will be able to play for a small fee, the first closed beta test was $10, the 2nd for the awakening expansion (2.0) they invited everyone who had purchased league packs previously.

As a PoE player who has well over £1000 of MTX/League Packs and have been involved in all previous beta tests, I'll be playing it for sure, it's already been confirmed by Jonathan Rogers that the closed beta will last for 1 league (3 months) so release is either Q3 or Q4 2024. The only way its later than that is if significant bugs are found with the game during the closed beta.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Everyone will be playing it on the 7th June, from experience with PoE and their closed beta tests, anyone will be able to play for a small fee, the first closed beta test was $10, the 2nd for the awakening expansion (2.0) they invited everyone who had purchased league packs previously.

As a PoE player who has well over £1000 of MTX/League Packs and have been involved in all previous beta tests, I'll be playing it for sure, it's already been confirmed by Jonathan Rogers that the closed beta will last for 1 league (3 months) so release is either Q3 or Q4 2024. The only way its later than that is if significant bugs are found with the game during the closed beta.

I really doubt they're going to have any barrier to entry at this stage, in a second phase FTP game. It'll be a free beta.

Yeah, I think Q3/4.

Soldato
Makes financial sense to have something, even if its as simple as $10 like the first closed beta in 2012. Chris Wilson said they anticipate over a million players joining for closed beta, they'd be absolutely nuts to not do something along those lines.

Man of Honour
Makes financial sense to have something, even if its as simple as $10 like the first closed beta in 2012. Chris Wilson said they anticipate over a million players joining for closed beta, they'd be absolutely nuts to not do something along those lines.
A pay to get in beta wont go down well with the internet/steam/reddit/youtube droolers of 2023. There would be so many toys flying out of prams that we'd have to rename the planet Toysrusia

Man of Honour
How's D4 going?

:cry:
Its going exactly as I had planned, as you know from my posts my plan was always to hit D4 hard until Remnant 2 (now out) , Baldurs Gate 3 (out tomorrow) and Starfield (next month) came out and I'd then drop in and out of D4 over time , as I did with all the previous Diablo games over the years.

Why? Did you think D4 hadnt gone according to my plan or something? Would be an odd way to think as I always made no bones of it that once BG3 was here thats what I'd be playing rather than D4, I do hope you havent mistaken me as someone who pins my flag to only 1 game :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Its going exactly as I had planned, as you know from my posts my plan was always to hit D4 hard until Remnant 2 (now out) , Baldurs Gate 3 (out tomorrow) and Starfield (next month) came out and I'd then drop in and out of D4 over time , as I did with all the previous Diablo games over the years.

Why? Did you think D4 hadnt gone according to my plan or something? Would be an odd way to think as I always made no bones of it that once BG3 was here thats what I'd be playing rather than D4, I do hope you havent mistaken me as someone who pins my flag to only 1 game :D

I'm pulling your leg...

;)

Soldato
OP
I have it, played it for 10 minutes before my psu decided enough was enough.

Tried playing it on my laptop (GTX980, i7 4720HQ, 32GB Ram) but it looks like arse and plays even worse.

What was your PSU?

I see your system is very similair to mine, barring 5700X and i'm thinking of getting a 7900XT to replace 6700XT.

Back
Top Bottom