Path of Exile 2

Soldato
What was your PSU?

I see your system is very similair to mine, barring 5700X and I'm thinking of getting a 7900XT to replace 6700XT.

Seasonic SSR 750FX (2017 model) bought it Jan 2018 from OCuk, the issue wasn't reported until Nov 2018. System would shutdown under GPU load no matter what I did. The transient power spikes from AMD GPU's (up to 100Amps) would trip the OCP of the PSU, it was found out the OCP on pre-2018 models were over sensitive, the same happened with Nvidia cards of the time but they could be fixed with a shielded PCI-E cable which Seasonic would send people.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Seasonic SSR 750FX (2017 model) bought it Jan 2018 from OCuk, the issue wasn't reported until Nov 2018. System would shutdown under GPU load no matter what I did. The transient power spikes from AMD GPU's (up to 100Amps) would trip the OCP of the PSU, it was found out the OCP on pre-2018 models were over sensitive, the same happened with Nvidia cards of the time but they could be fixed with a shielded PCI-E cable which Seasonic would send people.

Shame. So it's not killed it it's just tripping due to spikes? Might come in handy though.

I've actually got the 80 plus Prime Gold 750w, bought in 2019, so hopefully it doesn't have the same issue.

Soldato
Shame. So it's not killed it it's just tripping due to spikes? Might come in handy though.

I've actually got the 80 plus Prime Gold 750w, bought in 2019, so hopefully it doesn't have the same issue.

Not dead no, just can't play anything with the 7900XT, but its under warranty and Seasonic RMA is pretty good and will replace/repair it.

Associate
I'll post in here as I imagine we'll probably start getting a lot more snippets of information and reveals moving towards the end of the year when the early access arrives.

The console trailer that landed a week or two ago announcing couch co-op, cross play & progression:

And then this evening the Witch reveal has dropped:

I imagine the usual content creators will all be dropping their impressions soon as well, I watched Ghazzy's and he seemed very happy with how the Witch felt.

I think the game is looking better and better the more we see, starting to get really excited for the end of the year now.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I hope POE2 allows the camera angle to be zoomed out more. I really couldn't get on with how close in it is in POE

Soldato
Nope it's fixed like all the other ARPG's, it might zoom out slightly at certain points (like bosses) but besides that it won't budge.

Personally I think it looks fine.
drgUAAG.jpeg

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Hmmmm, worth a revisit, I don't seem to have an issue with D4, thankyou.

Could have been i was heavily into GrimDawn when i tried POE.

Last edited:
Soldato
They did change the perspective a bit from PoE1 to PoE2, Jonathan Rogers explained that in a recent interview, they zoomed out a bit and narrowed the field of view, in gameplay though it looks perfectly fine.

Here's a 4 hour+ 4k video of gameplay taken at the recent LA console test event.

Soldato
Havok616 (if you're an OG PoE player you'll know who it is) posted his PoE2 event gameplay, its over 4 hours long, but I believe he and his co-op partner got the furthest of anyone at the event, they got to fight the big skeleton from the witch preview.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom