Payforit Scams

Soldato
So, I've just has a call from the "service provider" and they refuse to offer a refund due to an "official ongoing dispute with three mobile".

What a crock of ****.

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

Three "don't offer a barring service", and can't offer any assurance if this happens again that will refund the money.

Keep chasing them, make yourself so much of a nuisance that you are going to cost them more in time than they are making from you.

5 minute toilet break at work? Ring them.
Long queue at the supermarket? Ring them.
Ad break while watching TV? Ring them.

They caved pretty quickly when I was ringing them every hour ;)

Soldato
OP
Keep chasing them, make yourself so much of a nuisance that you are going to cost them more in time than they are making from you.

5 minute toilet break at work? Ring them.
Long queue at the supermarket? Ring them.
Ad break while watching TV? Ring them.

They caved pretty quickly when I was ringing them every hour ;)

Are you talking about you network operator or “service provider”.

Soldato
OP
The service provider, they are the ones who put the charge on your bill

I do feel that's a bit like asking the bank robber to put the money bank in my account after the bank left the vault door open.

Anyhow, I have finally managed to get all my money back...

Out of a total of £148.50, I've had £100 back from Three, but it was an unbelievably painful experience.

The remainder of the money was obtained via the service provider, but only after I made a complaint via the Phone Paid Services Authority

https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue

Magically, two day after submitting the online form I received a text message saying I can collect £62 from the post office via its "Payout" service.

So officially I'm £13.50 up.

At least I've learned a lesson without it costing me anything apart from time and hassle. A lot of other people haven't been so lucky.

Soldato
OP
For 02 you need to call them (202 for pay monthly) and ask them to bar the services.

You can also do this as you set up your contract, you have to mention it though!

Yeah, O2 and Vodafone and EE all seem to offer this service now. I would advise everyone to use it.

Unfortunately Three are refusing to allow charge to bill barring, and for me the cost involved in moving to one of the other network is prohibitive.

I really wish the regulator would step in and force operators to protect their customers with an opt-in service.

Pet Northerner
Don
Yeah, O2 and Vodafone and EE all seem to offer this service now. I would advise everyone to use it.

Unfortunately Three are refusing to allow charge to bill barring, and for me the cost involved in moving to one of the other network is prohibitive.

I really wish the regulator would step in and force operators to protect their customers with an opt-in service.

Agreed - it should be something that I could have done on the my02 app. That way I can also do it (easily) for my parents phones. They are old and I do worry that they'll accidentally click through onto premium services

Associate
I've been getting a text for 4 months from a horse betting site, turns out it was costing £4.50 without it saying and I didn't even sign up for it. I've complained to them and said I would get a refund that was a week ago

Back
Top Bottom