Paypal owns Twitch troll

Soldato
Story aside, I don't understand this. Why are people giving other people money for just sitting in front of a camera? :confused:

Any girl it's because... thirsty men.

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/twitch-streamer-legendarylea-banned-for-flashing-viewers/

is all you need to know about how great twitch "was".. how people gave her money ill never know.. soooooooooooo sad!

youtube some videos her "lea banned" etc and some are hilarious.. what she used to do for attention was mindblowing!

She also said kids that get cancer are meant to die. She cited this from her "Biology major". Absolute retard.

Last edited:
Soldato
Long story short - because kids these days are idiots

I beg to differ. Kids nowadays are awesome:

Those aged under 25 are a third more likely to be teetotal now than in 2005
A quarter of young people do not drink at all
Illegal drug use among the under-25s has also fallen by more than a quarter since 2004
The number of nightclubs has almost halved since 2005
Teenage pregnancy is at its lowest since records began in England and Wales in 1969
The number of crimes committed by under-18s in England and Wales has fallen by 70% since 2005, to a new record low, according to the Office of National Statistics

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36517857

Soldato

Illegal drug use among the under-25s has also fallen by more than a quarter since 2004
Teenage pregnancy is at its lowest since records began in England and Wales in 1969
The number of crimes committed by under-18s in England and Wales has fallen by 70% since 2005, to a new record low, according to the Office of National Statistics

Probably because everyone sits inside playing games these days. :D

Soldato
I'm sure I saw a YouTube compliation of his donations and streamers reactions and during the video it had a stream or a few mentioning (a month after) that some donations were refunded but not all.

E.g. Donated 5,15,500 and 1000, but only got say the 1000 back, and the other 520 had to be paid.

Or something

Associate
I think there is some confusion here. Paypal has no say whether or not a chargeback would go through, that is up to the troll's bank. Paypal have mediation over the dispute process though.
He probably donated from currency already in paypal rather than from a bank.

Soldato
I was watching some random guy on twitch the other day that only had like 100 viewers and he got like 6k donated over the course of a few hours. I think it was just a freak one off situation though as he was massively surprised. He ended up playing a few rounds of CS:GO with the guy who donated most of it.

Last edited:
What's Twitch?

Also, is there a way to kiss goodbye to those modal overlays without disabling JS (and thus breaking most sites)? I did post a thread on GD last week about Pinterest and someone kindly posted Greasemonkey script, but was wondering if there's a more global fix? They're the scourge of web 2.0 and they're not needed imo. They're just so grabby, like the one below from the OP's link.

RjptY7s.png

Soldato
Exactly the same principle as giving money to a street entertainer but more techy.

I actually find *some* streams more entertaining than almost all TV nowadays. It's all down to personal taste and to say it's stupid or baffling is weird to me.

I personally would never pay to go to the opera or to a musical but others do. There's nothing wrong with it if they feel it's worthwhile.

Soldato
I actually find *some* streams more entertaining than almost all TV nowadays. It's all down to personal taste and to say it's stupid or baffling is weird to me.

I personally would never pay to go to the opera or to a musical but others do. There's nothing wrong with it if they feel it's worthwhile.

Exactly. I'd rather watch a streamer for a couple of hours instead of sitting on the couch watching Coronation street and gogglebox like most people do.

Associate

Thank got i'm not under 25 then. That sounds depressing.

Soldato
A lot of people in the thread seem to be missing the fact that his parents are filthy rich, and the 50k is water off a duck's back, so no one got owned.

That, coupled with him claiming (how true it is we can't tell), is that he didn't try to claim it back - paypal stopped it. Various streamers have vouched that he's not tried to do it.

Back
Top Bottom