Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Soldato
Expected 3.5%, got 7%.

This was partly performance related as due to company performance bonuses were terrible, do they try to gives a little more in different ways.

Associate
Had review yesterday which was positive, waiting to hear back if that will translate to anything pay wise.... fingers crossed! (hoping for min. 5-10%, 16% if I'm lucky!)

Soldato
Was told there would be no pay review this year (not a huge deal as I only joined the company in March last year and was very happy with my salary) but got surprised today that I had gotten a 3.5% one.

Seeing as I was expecting nothing, I'm quite happy with 3.5%. Hardly going to change my life but it's better than a kick in the sack

Soldato
We ended up with 5%. Better than expected given inflation is under that at end of March.

I think this thread should focus on annual pay rises, not promotional rises. Promotional rises or individually negotiated rises aren't the same thing as company wide inflationary increases.

Last edited:
Associate
We ended up with 5%. Better than expected given inflation is under that at end of March.

I think this thread should focus on annual pay rises, not promotional rises. Promotional rises or individually negotiated rises aren't the same thing as company wide inflationary increases.
Many companies do not have company wide inflationary increases, they have a budget for performance related increases that is influenced by inflation.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I've only gotten 2 pay rises in my life that aren't job change related.

Soldato
Many companies do not have company wide inflationary increases, they have a budget for performance related increases that is influenced by inflation.
Ok fair enough, it just seems to skew the information thats all. See some big numbers in the thread (which is great for the individuals involved) but they aren't necessarily a firm's response to inflation.

Oh wow, that's bad. You haven't been even given a standard 1-3% per year in the past anywhere?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok fair enough, it just seems to skew the information thats all. See some big numbers in the thread (which is great for the individuals involved) but they aren't necessarily a firm's response to inflation.

Oh wow, that's bad. You haven't been even given a standard 1-3% per year in the past anywhere?

Most of the time not. It's why Ive changed jobs 5 times in 5 years. I was on a low salary for years

Soldato
NHS, still we wait. 2% mooted. With he current time line if if we get those crumbs it won't be implemented until after summer, although backdated to April 1st, which is nice.

Soldato
Public sector and barely ever get anything. Only way to get a real pay rise is to go for a promotion, but it's hard to stay within the same department/field doing that after a point. As you go up the ladder it tends to get more general management and political once you get past the middle ranks.

There are no "careers" or loyalty in business anymore tbh. Employers can't expect staff to stick around without rises. As soon as people get better offers, they are gone and don't care if they leave chaos behind.

Last edited:
Soldato

That's rubbish. Excluding early years working in catering the only time I remember not getting a pay rise was in 08/09 during recession and instead got a one off bonus, think it was £500. My old company wasn't great and outside of promotion/ threatening to leave the rise was only 2-3% but still something.

Current company is really good and probably average 10% a year since I've been there. Don't know about this year yet as our pay reviews are in July. I did just take 3% pay cut by reducing my hours a bit and doing 9 day fortnight.

Caporegime
That's rubbish. Excluding early years working in catering the only time I remember not getting a pay rise was in 08/09 during recession and instead got a one off bonus, think it was £500. My old company wasn't great and outside of promotion/ threatening to leave the rise was only 2-3% but still something.

Current company is really good and probably average 10% a year since I've been there. Don't know about this year yet as our pay reviews are in July. I did just take 3% pay cut by reducing my hours a bit and doing 9 day fortnight.

Yeah pretty rubbish.
I got pay rise for a job change. But the first company I worked for out of uni. I should not have stayed at for as long as I did.
I've had 5 jobs in the last 6 years and before that 5 jobs since uni.

Back
Top Bottom